back to article Nokia takes a walk down Sesame Street

Nokia has enlisted Sesame Street to endorse its latest Calling All Innovators competition, hoping that Muppets can inspire innovative applications where the offer of prize money might not suffice. The competition, which runs every six months, includes application categories Eco, Productivity, Life Improvement and Entertainment …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

nokia who?

And app for what? i.e. what platform.

Nokia is soooooo lost these days, which is shame as they made good products.

2. Andus McCoatover

What goes around, comes around!

When I was at Nokia, we had a manager, very nice fellow, by the way - long gone from Nokia, I believe - who had a HUGE conk. (note, that's an 'n') He was also tall - well over 6'

For obvious reasons, he was nicknamed "Big Bird". Maybe he's the driving force behind this desperate initiative?

Stanhope Road, Camberley, anyone? (Oh, there's was also a Welshman - again, good friend, who had a peculiar trait of standing absolutely upright, even when totally Mullered on a Friday night. Pit-prop was the nickname I gave him. When I saw this in Oulu's Sally Army bookshop for 10p, I had to buy. http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/2013. Staggering coincidence on names - his nick, my surname)

3. Michael Habel
    Joke

This message brought to you by...

The Number Twelve and the Letter Aych lol

4. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

say 'bye-bye'

to nokia, children

5. Idiots _Quotient
    Dead Vulture

Nokia Wants Mobile Product,Services in Poor Countries for Poor People !

Mobile telephone giant Nokia is organising a competition to find a mobile product or service that would best improve the quality of life of people in poor countries. The company is investing a million dollars in the campaign.

http://www.yle.fi/uutiset/news/2010/01/nokia_wants_mobile_services_in_poor_1358716.html

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like