back to article Google Nexus One caught on camera

Watch in HD at Reg Hardware's YouTube channel Can't see the video? Download FlashPlayer from Adobe.com Google Nexus One

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

480 x 800

Not 600, 800 pixels high.

2. Bob H
    Go

Already have mine!

Ordered as soon as the site went live, delivered this morning! Not bad from Indiana to London!

It is gorgeous.

Bob

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

@ Bob H

Indiana --> London, did you get charged any import duties etc?

3. Chris Long

Blade Runner

Slightly worrying that his calls list shows that he's been calling Roy Batty - maybe that's what made Roy want to return to Earth. It can only be a matter of time until Google changes its name to Tyrell Corporation.

They're being a bit ambitious though - if the Nexus One is only a phone, it seems unlikely that they'll only be up to version 6 by the time that they're fully autonomous off-world killer androids.

4. kparsons84
    Thumb Up

Nice

nice phone. clearly nailed the iphone on the hardware side...but even with the oled screen it looks ugly next to the apple product - and the interface is a bit meh.

plus of course, in june the next iphone will dump all over it in hardware and the rest of the users will get an even better interface with the inevitable o/s upgrade.

ps i dont own an iphone or a googlephone...but offered either for free i would still go with apple.

5. Chris McFaul
    Stop

Big Deal

Mine arrived today (London, UK)

6. Robert Grant

Preview if you have a winmo...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=601751

7. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Blade Runner reference in contacts!

In keeping with the blade runner inspired 'nexus' name, he has 'Roy Batty' in his contact list!

(Roy was Rutger Hauer's character in the film!)

8. Alex-TheManfromUncle
    Thumb Up

two things

Firstly - Love that Roy Batty is alive and well with a phone number, must give him a call to say the Chew only does eyes..

Swecondly - Who was this guy again? He had a crib sheet that he read off from... surely he should know all this by now...??

9. hugh
    Happy

Roy Batty was one of his contacts....

that wont help with the Dick case.

10. Mark Cooper

Import costs

For those who have ordered the phone from the US - how much did you have to pay in total?

11. Stuart Halliday
    Thumb Up

And its got a British CPU in it...

Acorn would be proud.

1. Peter Gathercole Silver badge
      Thumb Up

Pick which part of Acorn!

Acorn split into lots of different businesses, many of which were associated with the ARM (remember when it was called the Acorn RISC machine). I think that you should say that Steve Furber and Sophie (nee Roger) Wilson should be proud of their achievements, and that Herman Hauser should be congratulated for his foresight in backing the project, even though it did not save Acorn Computers Ltd.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like