back to article MEPs put virtual strip machines on the block

The European Parliament has finally gotten round to slapping a 'for sale' notice on half a dozen body scanners it has had lying around its buildings for the last five years. The belated sale, which was forced by MEPs' privacy qualms, will probably speed national governments' plans to get up close and personal with the rest of …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Andrew Culpeck
    Thumb Down

Waste of money

Did I not here a report that sead that this tech. would not have spotted the Christmass bomb attemt?

It's also nice to see that the EU thinks its not a problem if our privacy is invaided but totaly unacceptable to invaide MEP's privacy.

As usual one rule for them and one for us.

Nice

2. adam payne
    Stop

Big surprise

Yet another colossal waste of money. Do any of them have such a thing as common sense?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Grenade

@ adam payne

How on earth can you mention the two terms "politician" and "common sense" in a single sentence?

This is what I would call an oximoron.....

where "common sense" is oxi and the "politician" is a moron....

as for the granade... that's how I feel about the vast majority of all politicians....

3. TeeCee Gold badge
    Troll

Airports - busy places.

Also:

Most people you find at an airport will have a vague idea what they are doing there. Those that don't are probably visitors rather than staff.

If you spend any money at an airport and expect to get it back on expenses, you'll need a receipt and at least a token reason for it being a legitimate expense.

When someone working at an airport screws up, they tend to get bollocked for it rather than promoted.

An airport will offer a service to move a few hundred people half-way round the world and back for a few hundred quid each, rather than charging a million or so to take 'em on a return trip from Brussels to Strasbourg.

You can take a photograph in an airport, usually without some heavy handed security type confiscating your camera.

A photograph taken in an airport is very unlikely to depict somebody signing up to receive money they are not entitled to.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Anonymous Coward

missed some

Airports server a useful purpose (keep politicians out of circulation is a worthy cause by I fear it just creates more)

Our lives are simpler because of the existence of airports.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Troll

Good news for pe(a)dos

'Cause there aren't too many kids in European Parliament I guess, but airports? You bet. Score!

5. Graham Bartlett

"Not an airport"

True - you get somewhere when you go through an airport.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Don't full body scanners make you sterile?

I thought that was a true and present danger in them. Cheap, though perhaps, permanent form of contraception.

7. PoshTed
    WTF?

Have I missed something ???

If the Euro parliment bought these scanners for their use, presumably they were purchased with the member states tax money ? Then when our governments buy them "on the cheap" -- surely we (the tax payers) will be paying for something twice ???? Typical politician's scam if you ask me !!!

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Is there some shop called "Hypocrites R' Us"

that I don't know about, it seems to be the only explanation for such a high volume of retarded hypocrites going into politics.

The whole notion of democracy is just being walked over, in the interests of their own petty self interests, and they don't realise that is the measure by which laws should be considered, if you a law disagreeable then don't make it, idiots.

And no one is particularly apart from the Government lot, who all appear to be paranoid psychitzos.

This topic is closed for new posts.