back to article Messaging snafu madness blows pot deal up in smoke

A West Virginia man sent a text offering weed to the State Police by mistake Wednesday, and is now cooling his heels in the big house, AP reports. Joshua Wayne Cadle, 19, allegedly sent the message Wednesday to a phone number that used to belong to a 'friend', only to discover that the cursed number now belonged to the state …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Sampler

Big catch

Woo - they caught a guy who probably only sharing a bit with his mate - big score for the war on drugs!

2. Graham Lockley

Reefer ?

I seem to recall thats a sort of jacket worn by certain young types such as Marlon Brando :)

3. laird cummings

Shooting fish in a barrel...

Hey, just because it was ridiculously easy, doesn't mean the guy shouldn't have been busted. When you're that clueless, you *deserve* to be busted - For once, stupidity was punishable. Can't fault the cops for shooting the fish in the barrel, when said fish tries so hard to be obvious.

4. Alan Donaly

well that sucks

for him talk about bad luck still if your trying to sell contraband it's best not to use text messaging as you can't be sure who will read it.

5. James Pickett

Technology

I wonder if his phone is one of those that also allows the user to speak to another person? This feature might have saved him some embarrassment...

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Title

Let me guess... This being America, they'll send him down for a gajillion years, instead of slaping him on the back of the hand, telling him not to do it again, and letting him carry on with his education - which he clearly needs to do!

7. Lickass McClippers

A new Law...

...is required. People should be locked up for being stupid.

INMATE 1: I got 10 for robbery, what about you?

INMATE 2 : I got 30 for being a twat...

8. Karl Lattimer

@Big Catch

It always amuses me to hear the phrase "war on drugs", because put quite simply it implies a law where the enemy are stoned, and yet still winning.

"Hey honey, pass me a reefer huh... *grumble* I gotta war to fight"

9. myxiplx

@ Sampler

Just to make sure I'm understanding you here Sampler - you're arguing that the police should just ignore it when someone breaks the law right in front of them?

Did you forget to take your pills or something this morning?

10. Markie Dussard

@Karl

"It always amuses me to hear the phrase "war on drugs", because put quite simply it implies a law where the enemy are stoned, and yet still winning."

It amused me more when Bill Hicks first said it. Or are you channelling?

11. J

Yeah, but...

...was it an iPhone?

Oops.

This topic is closed for new posts.