back to article Wikileaks suspends ops to launch pledge drive

Wikileaks has temporarily suspended operations while it launches a pledge drive. The whistle blowing site is taking time out until 6 January to ask for support in many forms, not just donations. Wikileaks is appealing for help from volunteer coders, offers of free legal assistance and hosting support as well as cash donations …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ejl

Would give them some hard-earned cash.

but they insist on using PayPal, that I'll have nothing to do with. Shame.

1. Bah Humbug

@Ejl

They'll take cash as well. And cheques. And bank transfers.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Fixed that for you

"Notable documents published by Wikileaks have included a number of Grateful Dead live recordings."

3. Cameron Colley

Donate, and become a terrorist.

While I largely applaud the mission of sites like Wikileaks to make information which should be freely available freely available I would be extremely hesitant to give any money to their site.

Last I heard "funding terrorism" was a rather serious offence in the UK, and I can't help thinking that Wikileaks release of certain information would be thought of as a terrorist action by our current fascist overlords.

1. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

Fascist Minions in a Bankrupting Administration

"Last I heard "funding terrorism" was a rather serious offence in the UK, and I can't help thinking that Wikileaks release of certain information would be thought of as a terrorist action by our current fascist overlords." .... Cameron Colley Posted Tuesday 29th December 2009 17:03 GMT

That's the Bank of England well and truky phukced then, Cameron C.

2. Titus Aduxass
      Pirate

The title is required, and must contain letters and/or digits.

@Cameron Colley

That's precisely *why* I have just sent them [redacted] GBP

"Funding terrorism" my arse.

Happy New Year

4. Charles 9

Just curious...

Would a company go so far as to employ a mule to handle the donations FOR them and can then turn around and pressure Wikileaks by revealing that they took donations from a mule and that the money actually came from them, against their philosophies?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Good riddance

Good riddance to them. Wikileaks is currently (or rather was) hosting a report produced by a small management consultancy. (Document title withheld to avoid making the situation worse.) However, someone (an employee of one of their customers) thinks that he or she has the God given right to give the report away for free.

There is absolutely nothing secret about this report - *anyone* can *buy* a copy. Yes *buy* - a concept that Wikileaks finds hard to understand. The consultancy has to pay for the raw source data, pay the salaries of expert analysts and, in the absence of a money tree, they sell their reports. Another 'leak' like this and they will be out of business and the staff made redundant.

Perhaps Wikileaks, in calling for volunteers, might like to engage some of them in checking whether documents really are leaks. The words "Further copies of this document may be bought from ..." on the title page should be enough of a clue.

6. Tobler

No PayPal, no Visa numbers, no SWIFT...

How to transfer money safely?

PayPal (US) is watching who is donating. Visa credit card and European SWIFT payments are being followed by United States. I'm sorry...

Could I use local EFF organization? Pay to them and ask them to donate (bulk) WikiLeaks!

7. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

I'd donate but

I left my wallet in my other pants!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like