back to article Billie Piper hooks up with Belle de Jour

Secret Diary of a Call Girl thesp Billie Piper and Dr Brooke Magnanti - aka blogging prostitute Belle de Jour - will feature in a forthcoming ITV2 programme which promises "a fresh insight into Brooke's life and Billie's portrayal of her". ITV's factual commissioning editor, Diana Howie, enthused: "We're delighted that Billie …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Yorkshirepudding
    Thumb Up

a simple request

TOGTFO

1. Simon C
      Thumb Up

so eloquently put

like it was ripped from the scribblings of Wordsworth, Shakespeare or Pratchett ;)

a new keyboard if you may my dear sir.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

help

Please tell me that we aren't going have a naked Billie Piper inflicted on us?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Well, only one thing for it...

I'll need a mansize box of tissues and an industrial sized tub of vaseline please.

4. Blubster

Knowing the Beeb

Baring all means baring their soul(s) to a gullible audience of men who will tune in just in the hope of getting a glimpse of BP's funbags.

What time did you say it was on?

5. Andy 97
    IT Angle

I know most people here are virgins,

but I do worry about the relevance to IT....

Oh, of course..

*slaps forehead*

Merry Xmas

6. Badbob
    Coat

mmmm, Billie Piper

But why did you ask the BBC when ITV are going to be showing a new series of Secret Diary of a Call Girl? :-)

Mine is the dirty mac with the packet of Kleenex in the pocket.

7. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Missing ITV plot

ITV would no longer know a worthwhile programme concept if it came in a box labelled "worthwhile programme concept" along with a quick start guide, a lavishly illustrated operators manual in hand-tooled leather, a 40 minute instructional DVD with a voiceover by John Cleese and an itemised invoice from the supplier, "Worthwhile Programme Concepts r us PLC".

1. David Adams
      Coffee/keyboard

Re. Missing ITV Plot

ROFL etc,

seriously, that is your comment of the week Ms Bee.

2. Martin Fowler
      Thumb Up

Genius

You certainly have my thumbs up for CoTW.

You sir shall be a worthy winner

8. 3kids2cats1dog
    Thumb Up

Fun After Doctor Who in Canada

After watching series 2 of Doctor Who with my son, my son and I went looking for other stuff that Billie Piper had done: Need less to say he is watching Sarah Jane.... Daddy got something new on his Christmas wish list....

9. grom
    Go

Insider Tip

Buy shares in Kleenex

10. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

So.....

my main thought is who's paying who??

11. AlistairJ
    Thumb Down

Great, that's just what we need

Glamorize the oldest profession. Now all our empty headed teenage girls can achieve fame through being "call girls" and getting paid at the same time. Wonderful.

1. David Adams
      Thumb Up

Re: Great, that's just what we need

At least they'll be earning an honest living and not all trying to be bloody "WAGs"!!

2. SynnerCal
      Paris Hilton

Re: Great that's just what we need...

"Now all our empty headed teenage girls can achieve fame through being "call girls" and getting paid at the same time."

Why not, after all it worked for Paris, TPT et al. And if nothing else the prog might give the poor viewers a break from the constant dribble of celeb reality shows that seems to be de rigeur for BBC and ITV these days.

3. John H Woods Silver badge

Empty headed ...

Empty headed eh? Like the protagonist? I think your prejudice is showing.

4. Spleen

Yes

In the same way that we have that epidemic of teenage boys donning anoraks and jumping into phone boxes thinking they'll go on magical adventures through time, only to be arrested by plod and locked up for minimum five years for carrying a screwdriver.

Because kids believe absolutely everything they see, are incapable of not taking fantasy literally, and for their protection must be banned from watching TV and instead locked in dark rooms and only allowed to listen to government-approved factual broadcasts. ("why cannabis is more dangerous than alcohol", "how having sex will cause you to die of AIDS instantly", "mummy and daddy's Volvo is killing polar bears (as read by Al Gore from his private jet)", etc. etc.)

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Documentary

Of course prostitution is a serious subject, not to be trivialised by the inclusion of minor celebrity voicing their vacuous 'opinions', but of course ITV, that bastion of serious television for the new age, is already fully aware of this and isn't planning something akin to "An Audience With... Dr. Prozzie"!

13. richard 69
    Thumb Down

i think you'll find....

that old gerbil face never actually bared anything...it was all done with a body double and clever editing.....think what poor old chris evans had to put with....

14. Robert Carnegie Silver badge

Except for viewers in Scotland

Naturally you expect classy material like this to come from the BBC but I assume it is on ITV as you said. In Scotland, however, STV will be showing its own documentat!ry, "Bluebell de Jour". Which is nice too.

15. sT0rNG b4R3 duRiD
    Thumb Up

Billie Piper

I always thought Billie Piper was well fit.

Mmm.. Imma google now to see what I can find...

16. Sceptical Bastard

Actress and call girl to 'bare all'

OK, we know that Brooke Magnanti is (or was) a call girl but there's certainly no actress in this story. Oh no, you can't mean....

@ sT0rNG b4R3 duRiD

You think WHAT? You poor deranged individual :)

17. once bitten

confused!

Which one sells herself for money?

This topic is closed for new posts.