back to article Unhappy Fujitsu staff vote for pre-Xmas strike

Fujitsu Services staff voted overwhelmingly in favour of strike action, with 1,500 UK workers set to down tools on Friday, 18 December. Unite, Blighty's largest union, said that further action was planned for the New Year with two-day walkouts expected on 7-8 and 14-15 January. It added that there would also be a 24-hour …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The big question here is

how will anyone tell?

1. Anonymous Coward
      Thumb Up

Nice

Was trying to think of something to say and then another A/C came alone and said it for me.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Go

rightly so

Fujitsu's position proves just how disconnected management are with the real world.

Now, if their pay was to be frozen and bonuses cut, then they'd have a better idea about the problems.

But that will never happen. They will feel they deserve it.

I think LEAN practices should be applied to them.

3. lansalot
    Go

so what ?

Worst day to call a strike - the one day of the year I actually WANT to come to work !

Day will be spent coming in as late as is reasonable, sloping my way through any actual work until lunch, getting a few beers in and running rampant through the afternoon until the party all kicks off at 4pm.

Take that, bosses !!!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Got to respect the walk out and all that

but what do Fujitsu do?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Re: What do Fujitsu do?

Well, that advertising campaign bore fruit then. </sarcasm>

In Britain Fujitsu run the tin for some very large concerns and a large slice of the government. They do a heck of a lot without being particularly visible, for instance while Capgemini are the lead on the HMRC contract, it is Fujitsu that keeps the servers spinning.

You might not notice the immediate effect of a walkout, but it could potentially impact one heck of a lot of people. Just so you know.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It's never been the same

since they stopped the turkey parties.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like