back to article MP plans Bob Mugabe body-blow

Former Labour minister Nigel Griffiths has launched a Westminster campaign to bring Zimbabwean prez "laughing" Bob Mugabe to his knees - by stripping him of an Edinburgh University honorary degree, the BBC reports. Mugabe received the honour 23 years ago in recognition of his "services to education in Africa". Since then, he's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ted Treen

Just what we need

Tough on despotism; tough on the causes of despotism...

Thank heaven for a man of backbone, initiative and action!

Let there now be trembling all round.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Things are getting tough

What next? A Commons motion proposing to revoke Mugabe's Tesco Clubcard?

3. Will

severe sanctions

I hear that the UN Security Council will be sending him a Christmas card with 66% less glitter stuck to it this year.

4. Pete Sowerby

Clubcard!

He has a Clubcard? - THE SWINE!

5. daniel

Mugabe first, ASBOed kids next!

What an appropriate punishement. Our MP's should extend this to violent youth crime in the UK, withdraw their school certificates and degrees, that will make them stop and think before executing nefarious undertakings!

On the other hand, why not let Mugabe keep his letters, and ship violent teenagers to Africa?

Cheers,

Daniel

6. Morely Dotes

Daniel may have the right idea

After all, Australia was a wonderful penal colony, in its day, wasn't it?

Ship the rowdy yoof to Zimbabwe - and revoke Bob's Blue Peter while you're abotu it.

7. Chris Matchett

What's the use?

He'll just get another one off the internet you know. Mind you $50 is quite a lot in Zimbabwe these days...

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Rob Mugabe....

before he robs you!

Having lived there, still having family over there and hearing on a daily basis how bad it is, just brings my blood to the boil.

specially that our politicians don't do anything but talk!!!

They went into Iraq because of alleged WMD which was discovered to be a lie!

Now they are millions of people begging them to help, and what do they do:

Sorry, but we can't.....

There is not enough oil there and, after all who cares, about a few people in Africa.

I close friend who lives there, who used to earn a reasonable amount of money (not rich, but livable) told my wife how he can't even afford an onion.

Here are the best descriptions for Robert Gabriel Mugabe:

Dictator, lier, criminal, thief, murderer, adulterer, racist, money launderer, and more.

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Very easy to criticise...

...but at least these are diplomatic rather than military measures - surely the sort of thing (however minor) that most of us would have preferred to have happened in Iraq, no?

Matthew Marks

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like