back to article PS3 to support data transfer

Sony has outlined the main features of its latest PlayStation firmware update, which includes a data transfer application. PS3_firmware_315_01 A screenshot of the PS3's Data Transfer Utility, which features in firmware 3.15 Firmware 3.15 will let you transfer all of your saved data from one PS3 to another. We assume the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. banana-naan

MKV support

Will they? Ever?

1. BasilF
      Thumb Up

try this...

mkv2vob... it's free and does the job perfectly =)

2. Simon Buttress

@banana-naan

No. Never.

3. MarkOne
    Stop

@banana-naan

Get a decent mediaserver, and MKV containers won't be a problem... I stream MKV without any problems at all (as long as the stuff in the MKV container is a supported codec of course).

1. banana-naan

@MarkOne

What mediaserver do you use? I use PS3mediaserver, a decent PC and gigabit. I have problems with HD mkv especially when seeking or using the preview (square button). Sometimes they refuse to play even when the codec is supported. I have no problems using mkv2vob but it would be nice not to jump through the extra hoop of converting.

So refusing to support mkv will stop piracy? Popcorn Hour anyone?

4. Ivor Biggen
    Unhappy

@banna-naan

I doubt they will, Id really make the most out of it if they did.

Would mean people are able to watch 1080p videos for free (meaning more ripped blu rays) I remember seeing on the online manuals that mk2 was supported back in 07, but was later removed!!

Minis support... great, tetris on the big screen - thanks sony, how about adding more avatars or fixing the trophy sync error first!

5. MarkOne
    FAIL

@Ivor Biggen

Trophy sync was a server capacity problem, there are ALOT of new PSN accounts this year (PS3 hit 30m console recently, and unlike Microsofts numbers, virtually all those are still working).

The Trophy Sync problem was fixed last week with a PSN capacity upgrade, I had this problem at busy times of day, but it's since gone...

1. Anonymous Coward
      Grenade

Bullshitter

Posted Wednesday 9th September 2009 17:21 GMT

MarkOne: <quote>Actually I don't own a PS3, I just laugh at all the morons who assume I do because I think they are brainwashed muppets for falling for Microsoft stupid PR tricks.</quote>

Busted!

6. MarkOne
    FAIL

Stike Vomit Clueless Numpty

@Stike Vomit

Nice of you to spend so long trawling back posts, as it happens, I bought my PS3 last month. That post is 2 months old.. Clearly you are not smart enough to comprehend that... Got a great deal too £199 for a 120GB PS3 Slim from Sainsburys.

@banna-naan

Avoid the free servers, they are free for a reason, they work, just about, but generally aren't very good. Give TwonkyMedia a try, it streams MKV just fine for me. It costs £20 or so (there is a 50% off promo at the moment I believe).

1. Anonymous Coward
      WTF?

Liar, liar, shitty Sony laptop on fire...

MarkOne: <quote>Stike Vomit Clueless Numpty... Nice of you to spend so long trawling back posts, as it happens, I bought my PS3 last month. That post is 2 months old.. Clearly you are not smart enough to comprehend that... </quote>

Just bought a PS3? Really? Explain this then Mark:

Posted Wednesday 19th August 2009 09:45 GMT

MarkOne: <quote>Spend the extra and get the PS3, you get Blu-Ray, Wifi and free online gaming that more than makes up for the price difference. My 80GB is almost silent in operation...</quote>

Double-busted!

This topic is closed for new posts.