back to article Modern Warfare 2 hit by anti-gay claim

Videogame Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 contains a homophobic slur, it has been claimed. Shortly after the weapons tutorial at the beginning of the game, and when the player has no equipment, he is asked by another if he has ever seen a grown man naked. After a few laughs, the player's character appears to ask: "Hey man, are …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. adam payne
    Stop

Oh please...

What do these pundits actually do?

I don't see what the problem is here, i've heard worse things said on public transport.

2. Stuart Castle Silver badge

FFS

Is it not possible that the dialogue (however crap) is just reflecting the sort of banter you do get in the armed forces?

3. goggyturk
    Coffee/keyboard

Or could it be...

Reactionary, politically-correct boneheads being manipulated by entertainment company for free publicity. It ain't exactly Hot Coffee is it?

If you've ever played MW online, you'll realise that such a thing will greatly appeal to the core audience of hormonal teens that play this 'franchise'.

4. 20legend

JHC

Just another case of do-gooders with too much bloody time on their hands.

Have any gays actually complained that they were deeply offended by this, or are the busy bodies claiming that it 'might' be offensive, therefore should never be allowd to be seen - just in case someone gets a bit arsey about it ?

5. Rob Mason

Airplane

The 'ever seen a grown man naked' line is from the movie Airplane.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T8cznopO29g

1. Thomas 4
      Unhappy

Oh for the love of God....

Won't somebody *please* think of the innocent little 10 year olds that might be playing this game? This unnecessary slur will hammer home the idea that homophobia is alright!

6. Nigel Whitfield.

Speaking as ...

... a Big Fat Poof (tm)*, frankly I can't summon the energy to worry about things like this.

I'm much more concerned about the malignant influence of religious folk on laws that are supposed to promote equality.

Can we have a pink triangle icon, please?

* I prefer to think of it as 'fun size'

7. Tom 15

F.A.G.S.

I thought Fight Against Grenade Spam was a serious campaign?

This topic is closed for new posts.