back to article Dell US peddles recycling for Small.biz

Dell is launching a new online computer recycling program for small businesses looking to securely curb their unused electronics on the cheap. The program charges $25 per item for up to 10 pieces of computer hardware and promises to thoroughly wipe data in the process. Dell will remove tags and labels from equipment, overwrite …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Geoff Mackenzie

35.6 million kilograms?

What's that in grapefruit?

2. Anthony

Greenbacks

So I take your computer off you, charge you for this service then sell your reclaimed product to someone else. Where is the incentive for me to recycle?

3. Walter Brown

Who in thier right mind?

Seriously, is dell aiming to charge small businesses to recycle their used computer crap? anything to make a buck... Michael must be looking for ways to recover some of the coin he lost when his bean counters started stroking the numbers...

since when did you ever walk in to a recycling center, hand the guy a sack of aluminum cans, only to hear, ok mister, that'll be $6.37, are you paying cash or using credit/debit?

the alternative is just to throw the shit in the trash...

4. Ken Hagan Gold badge

Re: 35.6 million kilograms

Dunno about grapefruit, but at 35.6 Gg it is nearly three dozen horses.

More seriously, why didn't anyone quote this figure in tonnes?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Data Erasure

Remind me to go looking in your dumpster the next time I feel like going on an identity theft rampage.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like