back to article Chocolate Factory buys AppJet for Google Wave

Google has acquired AppJet, makers of a real-time document-sharing service known as EtherPad. And it would appear Google merely wants the company for its talent. According to a web post from AppJet, its EtherPad team will soon be put work on Google Wave, the new-age Mountain View service that combines email and IM with, yes, …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

hmm

"Wave is currently a limited beta and invites are at a premium."

Not really anymore, I've got 11, my mate has about 17, google have been forking them out at quite a rate of late... Still it isn't like I can dish them out, it isn't in a state where it's any use to the normal person, I mean seriously in order to search public waves you need to append with:public to your search, making a wave public is an arse too as you need to add public to your contact book every damn time you log in. -.- honestly.

Some of the apps are neat like the video sharing app that you can synch time with other people active on the wave.

But less email, it really reminds me of an old threaded bbs with flashy media inserts.

1. Manuel Boissiere
      Thumb Up

Can you spare an invite?

Dear anonymous coward, could you send me a googlewave invite?

Many thx

tpflegionaire[AT)googlemail[DOT]com

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Manuel Boissiere

Anon delivers, however Google may take some time delivering the invite. Some people get them streight away, one person never got one at all, although he has two accounts now w.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like