back to article Apple to acquire music streamer Lala?

Apple is said to be in acquisition talks with online music-streaming service Lala. This rumor comes from Bloomberg, which reported it on Friday, citing none other than the ever-gabby "people familiar with the matter." The music-delivery method used by the Lala service is radically different from that employed by Apple in its …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Just bought them

Just came across the wires that Apple just bought LaLa...

1. Tim Weigel

Yep, confirmed

The New York Times confirms that Apple has bought Lala.

2. Corrine
    Jobs Horns

What!?

I'll need a new music store soon I suppose, since I'll be getting a please install itunes page instead of a functioning website.

3. RichyS

Hadn't heard of Lala

But I quite like the sound of it. The problem I have with the traditional music rental sites is that I just don't have the time to explore new music and make proper use of the not inconsiderable sum they demand each month. This approach sounds much better for those of us who are no longer students, and have to spend time doing other things!

Now, if Apple can work our the same model for television programmes and films too, then I'll be very happy.

4. Rob McDougall
    Thumb Down

why...

...won't they just acquire Spotify already?! I prefer that model. £9.99 a month, virtually unlimited downloads....

5. Anonymous Coward
    Black Helicopters

hmph

So now you can *buy* songs and Apple will *look after* them for you and you will have *unlimted access* (conditions may - apply see T&Cs) via your iCuflinksContract .................

6. Jonathan White
    Coat

Oh, someone has to say it...

Have they acquired Tinky Winky, Po and Dipsy as well?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like