back to article easyJet's cheapo astroturfing campaign downs charity servers

easyJet has quickly apologised to a charity that makes it easier for people to contact their MP, after the airline overloaded servers by ignoring anti-spam guidelines. The budget airline fired off an email to subscribers to its newsletter, which normally provides details of special offers and new flight rules, at about 8.30am …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Hedley Phillips

Didn't anybody do their homework?

Yet again someone who I would guess is a fairly highly paid member of staff didn't bother to do any background checks on the TOC's or even speak to the people who run it.

Smacks of idiots in charge. It doesn't take much to do a litle planning, pick up the phone or write an email and get in touch.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

The gift that never hurts to give

Easyjet will probably donate vouchers for their own flights, and the small print will so circumscribe the ability to activate them that they will remain unused.

3. Jon Press

What about Easyjet's Privacy Policy?

By my reading of it, this campaign seems to be in breach of Easyjet's own Privacy Policy - you opt in to an "e-offer" mailing, not an "e-politics" mailing. I hope the Information Commissioner sentences the Easyjet board to a year's travel on Ryanair...

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Astonishingly...

... they still market the campaign on their home page!

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Title

It's funny how easyjet's proposals are based on the amount of CO2 that the engines create, rather than the amount of CO2 per Km of the flight. So if the flight is longer with slightly less efficient engines it would be taxed far more than a short flight with efficient engines, when the CO2 created by the short flight, per Km would be far higher because of the factoring in of take off.

Also, easyjet seem to think that they are great because they get rid of inefficient planes as quickly as possible, as if there is no embodied carbon, no carbon cost of manufacture and that they won't just be used by someone else afterwards.

Meh.

This topic is closed for new posts.