back to article Cap Gemini twins with Google to punt online apps

Cap Gemini is to start flogging Google Apps to its big corporate customers. The package of office applications, Google Apps Premier Edition, includes spreadsheets, documents, calendar, Gmail, instant messenger and VoIP and is delivered as a service over the internet. The software as a service (SaaS) market is predicted to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Not so much of a surprise

When you consider that the largest FM company in the world can't even migrate it's own internal systems to a new operating system without having to get external consultants to help it, it's no wonder they're looking to Google to provide them with application support.

Most of CG's work is outsourced to smaller companies. So if you're buying from CG they don't have the inhouse skills to do the job most of the time - just management to hoover up the cash!

2. Mike Stephens

New Name

For future reference it's Capgemini not Cap Gemini.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

New Name

For future reference, it should be Crapgemini - much less pretentious

4. Guy Geens

Means nothing

I have worked for Capgemini for about 10 years. During that time, I've seen announcements for several "strategic alliances" like this.

*None* of them have actually lead to significant sales.

My prediction: Capgemini will not sell any Google apps for the next three years.

5. ninja duck

Outsourcing

I have worked for crapgemini for a number of years. I was just wondering where the additional work would be going.....

Mumbi or Poland?

This topic is closed for new posts.