back to article Twitter finds its voice

A new service offers to post voice files to Twitter, enabling those who can't even type 140 characters to contribute to their valuable insight to the blogosphere. The service comes from Kirusa and, unlike competing services, doesn’t bother trying to transcribe the recorded voice but simply posts a recording of the message onto …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Jon Ward 1
    Thumb Up

I couldn't agree more.

"Twitter offers an outlet for those who feel their views should be shared, but don't feel it strongly enough to put them into proper sentences."

2. Barney Carroll
    Paris Hilton

Rubbish

I'm part of that minority of commentards that sees a use-case scenario, benefit to the universe, and continued success in 2.0 social diarrhoea services like twitter, facebook, et al. but I have to say that this is utter nonsense and will never take off on any scale.

How the fuck are you going to use this? Via the site, repeatedly clicking on random play buttons with no prior indication as to their content, one after the other? Using some kind of yet-to-be-released app that intermittently, asynchronously blares your entire group's lifestream out of your headphones? I just can't see how this is desirable or usable on any level…

Paris: modern, showy, accessible, vacuous, irritating, useless

3. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

If implemented properly...

...this will help those with disabilities who may struggle to operate a PC or go through a 'carer' to post on line, this option at least allows them to use their own voice even if someone else does the clicking.

And after that brief moment of lucid common sense, let the true short-sighted 'twitter is crap' bandwagon commentarding resume. Bless the little sheepsies that graze on the land of cool rebellion and their knee-jerk reactions.

4. Rob
    Thumb Down

Great...

.... now you can listen to verbal diarrhea

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like