back to article Android 2.0 debuts on touchscreen tablet

Manufacturer Innovative Converged Devices (ICD) has released the specifications for a sleek and sexy touchscreen tablet onto which it plans to install the Eclair edition of Google’s Android OS. ICDVega01 ICD's Vega will run Android 2.0 and come in 7in, 11in and 15in screen sizes Vega measures 373 x 254 x 16mm and sports a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Vitani

Looks niice

Would be ideal if wall-mounted as a control panel for your home automation system. Look forward to hearing details on the price

2. Asylum Sam
    Thumb Up

Nice,

Hmm, I bet it'l make a lovely remote for an MC setup, and i'm thinking face down i can rest my cup/plate/rolling mat on it!

I wonder how well it will VNC into my work network, , I may never need to leave the sofa again!

3. Mike Hartley
    Thumb Up

WANT ONE NOW!!!

Pretty Please!!! Looks gorgeous in its simplicity and Android should be great on it - assuming they've done a proper job in getting the Android Market etc working on it.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Looks like an interesting device..

..but I could never buy anything from "Innovative Converged Devices". May as well call themselves "Leveraging Impactful Paradigms Across The Piece Going Forward" or something equally nauseatingly pointy-haired.

(not enough coffee, couldn't come up with a rude acronym, sorry)

5. spegru
    Megaphone

Wow

I think we just glimpsed the future. Using PC to browse then internet etc? - sooo pre-2010

Who's have thought that the future belongs to electronic picture frames!

6. magnetik

RAM

Why only 512MB of RAM? Manufacturers can buy DDR2 at $10/GB, surely they could have put in 2GB? After all, it's not uncommon to see a browser using up several hundred MB of RAM for average browsing.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like