back to article Rockstar confirms Grand Theft Auto V

Rockstar Games’ Vice President has apparently confirmed that a fifth edition of Grand Theft Auto is on the cards. In an interview with The Times, Dan Houser said: “We'll think of a city first, then the characters,” in response to questions about plans for a successor to GTA IV. The news is hardly unexpected as it’s well known …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Ian Ferguson
    Happy

City suggestions?

New Orleans

Liverpool

Mogadishu

2. Anonymous Coward
    Megaphone

Hopefully this time...

THe PS3 version won't be held by back the limitations of the 360.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

cars

They'd better sort out the crappy car control in GTA V.

The cars in GTA IV were a pain in the arse to control.

4. Annihilator
    Coat

re: cars

"The cars in GTA IV were a pain in the arse to control"

Ineptitude would cause the situation you describe

5. Tom Hudson
    Thumb Up

A city?

GTA Leeds, please. That is all.

6. Kev - LG

As expected

Come on, did anyone in the entire world think this wouldn't happen!?

7. Anonymous Coward
    Gates Halo

PS3 exclusive

That's what the rumours are suggesting...

8. MrM

@ PS3 Exlusive

PS4 Maybe, if there is one - we're talking years of development here - its not Need for Speed

9. Simon 81

Still loving GTA IV

The new car physics certainly took a lot of getting used to after GTA III based games on the previous generation consoles, but, I find them far more expressive and with far more entertaining results when you loose control of a fast vehicle. The main difference is a more accurate inertia model, you have to start braking a lot sooner when travelling fast to not overshoot the turn, but, you get used it - just dab the handbrake about half way through, nudge the steering wheel to get sideways, then counter steer and apply power to leave the slide into the new direction :) The difference in handling between different types of car is a lot more pronounced in IV too. Not many cars can brake very well, especially in the wet.

After playing it, a lot, for nearly a year and a half now, I think its one of the best games ever made. The depth of experience, the fantastically varied and funny things that can happen by accident, and the quality of the script writing and voice acting, not to mention the unbelievable environment, cars and people, just make it an amazing 'place' to play in. Its not without its flaws and annoyances, but overall, it is truly groundbreaking.

I liked that they took away the fitness and food nonsense of San Andreas, and I love New York as a setting, I think its where the franchise belongs, if for nothing more than blasting a Lamborghini (lookalike) off a steep hill and hoping you land on all 4 wheels. Or not. :)

This topic is closed for new posts.