back to article Dell confirms first Android-based smartphone

Dell has officially announced its first branded smartphone – the Mini 3i. Dell_Mini3i_01 Dell's Mini 3i will appear in China later this month The PC manufacturer hasn’t released a list of the phone’s technical specifications - perhaps an indication that Dell executives have yet to sign off on the Mini 3i’s features. …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

China Mobile

Is it just me or is in incredibly unreassuring to have a Chinese firm making mobile software.

Easy way for the Chinese government to get access to your phone and data if you ask me.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

@China Mobile

Fine by me...they'll get verbatim conversations with my mum, texts about going to the gym (or not) and surfing on www.macdroitwich.com - The Worlds Most Brutal BL Forum!

3. Paul Shirley
    Pint

@China mobile

24hrs to hack whatever protection they use. 2 days to build and test a vanilla Android image. Then its bye bye untrusted Chinese software, hello untrusted hacker mods ;)

4. Stuart 22

Ancient China

2.5G????? Why even Apple had made the 21st Century at last. That can't seriously market a data savvy phone without 3G?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Pre-loaded with Dell...

Anyone know if this will be preloaded with AOL Online?

6. Martin 6 Silver badge
    Grenade

@China Mobile

I want my phone built by BAe on a network run by BT then I can trust them.

7. George 24

Trust

I can't believe some think that only the Chinese are untrustworthy.. BAe are as unscrupulous as the rest of them. Use any brand mobile and you are sharing all your info and conversations.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

No data is safe...

At the end of the day, the only way you can guaruntee the safety and security of your conversation is to speak to someone in person or place a letter into their hands yourself...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like