back to article iTunes sync comes to Moto's Droid

Motorola's Droid smartphone, which runs Google's Android mobile operating system, may have only appeared on US shores last Friday, but you can already download a free app that'll sync it with iTunes. The app, doubleTwist, isn't new - but its support for the Droid is. The app's parentage is also noteworthy, coming as it does …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Law
    Stop

not to be too picky or anything...

... but shouldn't this article read "doubleTwist add support for Droid" .... it's iTunes syncing, true, but the title is a little misleading, I read it and instantly assumed motorola had done an iTunes plugin or something. The doubleTwist team is decent and big enough to warrant it's own name in the title of an article aimed at their nifty sync product.... just saying! :)

2. netean

I wish they wouldn't

Whilst I can see why iTunes sync is important to some, I really wish they wouldn't iTunes (on windows) is one of the worst applications I've ever used. Certainly the slowest app I've ever used and the most frustrating and bloated pile of garbage ever invented.

ITunes is SO bad that I'd even prefer to use WMP over it (and when anyone would CHOOSE to use WMP over anything it shows just how much iTunes stinks)

3. Kevin 9

I quite enjoy....

I quite enjoy the basic functionality of iTunes, but I'd have to agree that it is useful only as the most basic way to organize music.

It annoys me to no end that I have to manually convert video to use on my ipod, basically requiring me to keep duplicates on any video files that I want to use on the big screen and on the ipod. It's fairly trivial these days to convert formats, so its quite inexcusable at this point.

4. windywoo
    Jobs Horns

Propaganda

If it were true iTunes synching it would be through iTunes itself. Your title is attention seeking and promotional. There was absolutely no need to mention Palm and yet you did, which just goes to show where this authors sympathies lie. Remind me again why Apple require you to use third party applications to synchronise your music library to non-Apple devices. Is it because they it makes Macs more user friendly? Is it because they think adding more needless applications enhances the user experience? Is it because they like to punish their customers for not having purchased every electronic device they own from Apple?

5. RichyS
    Jobs Halo

@Windywoo

It's probably because it's their IPR.

Now stop being a d1ck, take the tinfoil hat off, and grow up.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

@windywoo

> Remind me again why Apple require you to use third party applications to synchronise your music library to non-Apple devices.

They don't. You are free to use any of the other music management applications available. Apple have never said you MUST use iTunes to manage or sync your music to non-Apple devices.

If you CHOOSE to buy music from the iTunes Store (other online music stores are available), then you use iTunes, but once you've downloaded it, you can manage it in any music management / syncing application of your choosing.

7. Trygve Henriksen

@Windywoo; remove your tinfoil hat!

Did you know that under certain circumstances, that hat of yours will actually AMPLIFY or CONCENTRATE the microwaves?

In other words, as long as you've been using it, your noodles are probably cooked by now...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like