back to article Deja vu in Adobe's Flash fight with Microsoft

At times I had to pinch myself at Adobe Systems' Max conference last month In Los Angeles, California. Was this an Adobe, or a Microsoft event? First there were the case studies, like the MLB.com - Major League Baseball - web video, originally seen at Microsoft's Mix 2007 when it used Silverlight, and now at Adobe Max as a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Sly
    Unhappy

64-bit?

I'm losing respect for adobe (though I didn't have much to begin with) since they've already had 3 years with vista 64bit (not to mention xp 64bit before that) and they still can't seem to get a 64bit flash plug-in out for windows yet? Looks like they're still all holier then everyone else about their software (if not about lack of functionality - re: no 64bit, then of the high prices re: photoshop, premier, etc - and premier didn't even support open source codecs, you had to buy officially supported codecs which adds even more to the price.) I'm actually kind of surprised that they haven't had a real challenge to their market share yet. Oh wait, they hoard their patents and have steep licensing for their IP which keeps everyone out of the market that can't come up with another way to reinvent the wheel thus hindering innovation to their own products due to lack of competition. Right, it's Microsoft 2.0.

2. This post has been deleted by its author

3. Tom Chiverton 1
    Flame

dated

If by 'dated' you mean 'lacks features it doesn't need and hardly anyone wants', then yeah, it misses them...

4. Goat Jam
    Grenade

PDF client apps?

God no, make them stop!!!!!

5. Robert Carnegie Silver badge

Flash is the new Silverlight?

It sounds like they're keeping up with Microsoft's bid to swipe their business. On the other hand, I don't like to use Flash. It's another locus of security vulnerabilities, and also I have had limited bandwidth. So I don't like Flash when it isn't a necessary part of the web site or service, and I don't like it when it is. So -

6. Joel Mansford
    Thumb Down

I hate poorly used Flash!

How many of us have been to websites that are just constantly twitching? or worse still Design agencies whose websites are Flash ONLY!

However my personal favourite is the Kiss 100 radio player that manages to consume 100% of my Core2 Duo T9500 2.6Ghz.

And don't even get me started on lack of x64...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like