back to article Eat my dust - it's time for Comment of the Week

Good afternoon, parasites. I expect after a long hard week of aggravating wittering on the Reg threads you'd like nothing better than to sit back and enjoy a nice hot drink and a bit of a blowback of said burblings, eh? Well, don't say I never do anything for you. Here is the inaugural Comment of the Week, with the promised …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Justabloke 1
    Badgers

bloody hell...

how bad were the rest if that won!

2. Justabloke 1
    Unhappy

Actually...

I know how bad they were... I read them and now my eyes hurt

3. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

I don't get it

What's good about the last one, can someone explain it.

4. Nick L
    FAIL

For shame!

"a metric fuckload" is not an approved El Reg unit. Please convert to Jubs, and do try to follow the conventions.

5. Bernie 2
    Paris Hilton

That's nothing

I once met a lady of the night in an old brick works.

There was a thick layer of brick dust in ... never mind.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

@Moderatrix

"Go on, dust off your harlequin bodysuit and silly hat."

As luck would have it, they're covered with brick dust.

7. Bryce Prewitt
    Thumb Up

Thank you for that.

I've been barking up the "TeeCee is easily one of the most inane commentards on The Register" tree since comments were first enabled.

Thank you. My only regret is that I am sure he will wear this as a badge of honor and redouble his efforts.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Sweet Moderatrix

Just to read your comments....ahhhhhh

9. Anonymous Coward
    Coffee/keyboard

The best

Sorry, I must object m'lady.

This comment ended up with me wiping sugared tea and spittle from my laptop screen:

By Christopher P. Martin Posted Friday 6th November 2009 11:23 GMT

...surely this has to be a contender for the world's dirtiest PC:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/tyne/8249369.stm

10. Trevor Pott o_O Gold badge
    Pint

Ooooo, comments

Ah it must be Friday. A good comenttard bashing article by our benevolent moderatrix. I wonder how many revisions it took to write that article, and could she do it with a straight face? Cue the stream of grandstanding commenttards trying desperately to write something witty (yet have it appear unaffected and natural) so as to appear in the next week's CoTW etc.

Its fun stuff like this that makes El Reg a far better read than more “serious” tech sites. (Disregard the part where the commenttards from those sites venture over to El Reg to whinge about the lack of seriousness. They don't seem to grasp irony or hypocrisy.) Tech/Science reporting and reviews of various widgets and gizmos becomes just so dry without some humour.

So keep it up my fellow commenttards! Never let there is never a lack of the witty, diverting and obscene in our comment pages. It is what keeps things interesting!

11. John Doe 1
    Joke

Reminds me of National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation

Clark: Burn some dust here. Eat my rubber.

Rusty Griswold: Dad, I think you mean burn rubber and eat my dust.

Clark: Whatever, Russ. Whatever.

:-)

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

OK, I'll bite...

Liquid lunch, was it?

13. h 6
    Thumb Up

Word.

Well done, Ms Mod. Thumbs-up, but not that far up.

14. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

Hehe

I'm enjoying the weary, cynical "Weakest Link" tone. I'm sure it's entirely unfaked, mind.

15. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Hey now...

...I want the record to show that I was a verbal tryhard long before this cruel game and will continue to be, long after! My downpours of drivel are not affected, they are innate.

Just wanted to say.

16. lardheppus
    Thumb Up

Lycra

Was it only a thumb that was up at the mention of lycra?

17. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

To be fair, it's no real surprise that I won

given the amount of shit I throw around the comments pages, some of it had to stick eventually

18. Mike Flex

Comments on Comments

I see we can comment on the best comment of the week article.

Does that mean that next week we'll have an award for best comment on the best comment of the week article? And the following week we'll have an award for best comment on the award for best comment on the best comment of the week article? And so on.

19. Anonymous Coward
    Heart

balls...

Camel Ball

My eyes are getting worse. I had to c&p that to make sure it really said what I thought I read.

...although, a carnel ball would probably be more interesting than a bit of tooth-rot.

(yeah I know, carnal. I just like to tease speel chokers...)

20. passionate indifference
    Happy

first time the coffee has made it all the way past the screen

"It was a difficult task to choose a winner, chiefly because days frequently pass without a single authentic witticism occurring across the entire site, and because I am so wearied by my Sisyphean endeavours that most days Dylan Moran himself could cavort across my desk reading from History's Most Laughingest Hilarities and I would not be able to summon a smile."

Nicola from Migration, who sits opposite, is sending you a dry cleaning bill

21. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Mike Flex

Yes, but you're not gonna get it.

22. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

recursive comment of the week

If I make a comment here will it enter the contest for comment of the week of the comment of the week?

23. Sarah Bee (Written by Reg staff)

Re: recursive comment of the week

No.

24. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

TIDbit

What's that then?

Or have you joined the merkin legions who can't bear to see the word 'tit' even when embedded in another word?

25. TeeCee Gold badge
    Happy

Re: Thank you for that.

That's funny, I'm not sure we've met and yet you seem to know me so well......

26. The First Dave

Brock dust

What is so funny about brick dust?

27. Chris Bradshaw

Hmmm...

Gentlemen*, I think we lost. AIUI, no particular comment stood out, and instead one was picked at random - the smirk (if I read it correctly) was the Reg staff premeditating the look of dismay and despair on the faces of the straining commentards when realizing that the Camel Balls are going to someone whose idea of humor is brick dust in a brick factory.

Or, the AC got to the right pub at the right time...

* Just a figure of speech.

28. Parax
    Badgers

Balls

Well I see a very mild level of humor in the Brick Dust comment, admittedly it stems soley from the Lack of 'Guess what' in the comment. - which could show either a subtle cleverness or a acute dumbness. Fortunatly due to the quality of this site one would assume the former however one cannot ruleout that AC was the latter, and a visitor drawn in from external sources linking etc.

Actually I feel the redeeming humour is applied in by el Mod's comment 'whose way with a story twist is worthy of early M Night Shyamalan' which actually trumps the original!

I guess the only justification for this award is that its Balls.

This topic is closed for new posts.