back to article Anna Friel spectator brings up his Breakfast at Tiffany's

Plucky* Anna Friel has proved she got the thesp Right Stuff by battling on with a performance of Breakfast at Tiffany's, despite the fact that a punter puked over six fellow Haymarket Theatre audience members. Anna Freil as Holly Golightly. Pic: Uli Weber Poor old Friel (pictured, as Holly Golightly) was halfway through a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. SmallYellowFuzzyDuck, how pweety!
    IT Angle

Woo nice.

And did the puke go on anyones laptop?

We need to know.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Playmobil reconstruction?

Ah go on, ah go on, ah go on, ah go on, ah go on, ah go on, ah go on, ah go on, ah go on, ah go on, ah go on, ah go on

You know you want to and it IS a Friday...

3. peyton?

THEY WENT BACK TO THEIR SEATS??

While I don't know for certain, I can't help but think that if I'd just been vomited on, I'd be inclined to call it an evening.

Must be one helluva show!

4. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Friel

I certainly emitted a moist substance from inside me whilst thinking of the delightful Anna Friel on a number of occasions, especially as a teenager, etc. etc.

Mine's the one with a lesbian kiss permanently etched on it.

5. Bob H
    Go

That was lucky!

I went to a performance earlier in the week, for cultural reasons of course, luckily no one expelled themselves in the auditorium that I was aware of.

I do recommend going to see the show however, even with the minor risk of attack, because the show (and consequently Anna F) is really quite good. I also love to see some of the odd couples that go to the theatre (especially not musicals). Lastminute.com are doing deals for early/Mid-week performances at the moment as well!

Bob

6. Uncle Slacky Silver badge

Before or after the nude scene?

Inquiring minds want to know...

7. Chris Procter
    Thumb Up

Mission Impossible?

Don't keep us in suspenders! Was he Toms stunt double?

8. Annihilator
    Heart

Epic

That's made my Friday.

"spectator discharged a gastric load from the upper balcony" - I'm betting that's not a Daily Mail approved simile, but never a more beautiful prose I have seen.

9. Dale Richards
    FAIL

Re: Before or after the nude scene?

It was obviously before the nude scene, as evidenced by the quote:

"...everyone eventually returned to their seats..."

10. Steven Hunter
    Joke

And a little Python to wrap it up

"For those of you listening at home, the young constable has just thrown up into his helmet. This is the longest continuous vomit seen on Broadway since John Barrymore puked over Laertes in the second act of Hamlet, in 1941."

11. Anonymous Coward
    Pirate

Ok Mr. Fatelle

But the worst thing I ever did <sob> this one time.. I mixed up a bunch of fake puke in the blender, and I put it in a baggie, and I brought it to the theater, and I went up in the balcony, and I made a sound like this:

'blehhh... blehhhhh'

And I dumped it all over the edge...

...Pirate icon, for not so obvious reasons...

12. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

HoTW

Time to let the readers vote on the Headline of The Week. This one gets my vote.

13. asiaseen

Was it

a projectile vomit? And what became of the diced carrot and tomato skins?

14. Kimo
    Coat

Everyone's a critic...

...but when did Breakfast at Tiffany's get musical numbers? It would appear that the technicolor yawn is the only rational response to the current trend of turning every damned thing on the planet into musical theater.

Mine's the one with the score for "Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead" in the pocket.

15. F1reman
    Happy

Why do Actresses feel the need to go naked

Friel seems to do it a lot. I guess she must be an exhibitionist.

If someone puked over me I'd find him and thump him. The prick. F****** funny though, nice one Lester.

This topic is closed for new posts.