back to article PayPal to embed X apps in self

In Facebook-like fashion, PayPal will open its own website to third-party applications as it continues its quest to "power all of ecommerce." At its inaugural developer conference in San Francisco on Tuesday - PayPal X Innovate 09 - the eBay-owned outfit took the beta tag off its PayPal X developer platform, a set of APIs for …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Will Godfrey Silver badge
    FAIL

Sounds dangerous

"If you say anything publicly, you're potentially giving the bad guys information, so why would you do it?"

Ah! The good old 'security through obscurity' method. We all know exactly how well THAT works.

2. Whitter
    Alert

What they say vs. what they mean

"If you say anything publicly, you're potentially giving the bad guys information"

So there is information there that will help break the current security? i.e .you current use security-through-obscurity as your defense? Oh deary dear.

3. The First Dave
    Thumb Down

untitled

"You can trust us"

I think the end of that quote went missing, I'm sure it was something more like:

"You can trust us to do this as cheaply as possible, therefore leaving some nasty security holes, and to charge over the odds for any participation on your part."

4. frank 3

hope it works as well as their developer sandbox

Which is massively riddled with bugs and as unstable as a drunk glaswegian with a wooden leg.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like