back to article Greenpeace applauds Apple climate change flounce

Greenpeace - the environment-obsessed organization that famously protested outside of Steve Jobs' inaugural iPhone keynote - is now praising Jobs and his Apple cult for their stance on climate change. Earlier this week, Apple flounced out of the US Chamber of Commerce after the chamber came out against a Congressional climate …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

Correct me if I am wrong

but walking out from a platform where you can make policy - dose that not make you LESS able to make positive changes?

2. Bumhug
    Jobs Halo

Does the statement end with

Sent from my iPhone

3. Anonymous Coward
    Jobs Horns

Now if only we could stop Mac users

from using any sort of PCB (in case it's the dangerous type)...

4. Geoff Kennedy
    Paris Hilton

@Neil H

If Apple was the only big-name to leave, then yes. However, it's been more than Apple. And it's not just limited to organizations liek Apple and Nike who are trying to cultivate a "hip" or popular image.

Several power companies, including PG&E (from California) have left and several other companies have made it know that they disagree with this position.

Given that, it's hard for the USCOC to say "We are the voice of Business in the US on this policy" when there are several heavy hitters who are saying "uhm.. no..."

Paris.. cuz do we really need a reason?

5. Aron
    Flame

Live hard

And this is where my long love affair with Apple products finally ended. It was bad enough when Al Gore joined the board. I should have switched to Windows PCs then. It was bad enough when their "energy efficient" MacBook Pros ran hotter than a PC equivalent while delivering less performance at a higher price. It was bad enough when everything they made took on a bland characterless Made In North Korea but Designed In California look that would have made Big Brother proud.

I'm now getting an Alienware m17x fully kitted out to go with my Vincent Black Shadow. Should be great to watch Top Gear on too. Life ain't worth living if it is bland and makes Greensleaze happy.

6. JohnG

Free thought

"Apple has done the right thing, and IBM and Microsoft should think different too."

However, in a free society, everyone is free to think what they like, not how Greenpeace or anyone else would like to dictate.

7. mrweekender
    Flame

Cult!? WTF

For a start, using phrases like Cupertino cult points to the fact you're quite bitter and immature. Using the word cult many times throughout two articles points to the fact you're a paid Microsoft/Dell shill who wouldn't know impartiality if it bit you on the arse.

@Aron - dude if you're having any kind of love affair with technology you need to get laid and if you stopped using a product because the company who produced it walked away from a group who's intentions appear not to be altogether environmentally sound, then fuck me where your brains at boy? Also if your Alienware m - who actually gives a fuck - 17 suits your needs, well done, I'm sure everyone's very pleased for you especially your mum.

Seems to me that Apple are trying to produce equipment that is in line with environment standards for reducing waste and using less toxic materials, so where's the fucking issue.. Cade?

8. ratfox
    Happy

@Aron

It is sad to see that Apple's stance on the climate was enough

to overcome the obvious love you had for the company...

9. Ascylto
    Gates Horns

@ Live hard

Good Luck!

10. David Kesterson
    Pint

Apple

Carbon dioxide is fertilizer - it makes apples grow.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like