back to article Nintendo chief downplays further Wii price cuts

A Nintendo executive has hinted that another Wii price cut isn’t on the cards because the console already represents good value for money. When asked if Nintendo will have to cut prices in order to draw more people to the console, Reggie Fils-Aime, head of Nintendo US, said: “Absolutely not.” His comment came during an …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Too expensive

The Wii novelty honeymoon is over now, and its not shifting anywhere near as many units as it used to. I for one used to own one, and have been bored of it so long that its not been switched on in a year.

The price drops in the other consoles just means that the wii no longer looks like the value option, therefore it really has no plus points.

2. Ivor Biggen
    FAIL

bit obvious really

For £20 more you can get an exbox 360 elite

For £70 more you can get a playstation 3

Value for money, i think not!

3. mr totalwar
    FAIL

Too expensive

My sons have one there bored with it so no valve for money anymore.I think it about time they brought out a new updated console or could be last like last time.

4. David Gosnell
    Happy

Proof...

... that the average Register reader is not Nintendo's target audience.

I always knew we weren't average - and consider the Wii to remain good fun and value for money.

If anyone's is languishing and gathering dust, they chose poorly in the first place - the FAIL's on them, not Nintendo :-)

5. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Of course the price will drop...

The Wii II (or is that Wiii?) is out soon...

6. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

As it says here >>>>>>

Sony PlayStation 3 Slim 120GB Console from £244.69

So thats a BluRay Media Player and HDMI console for £50 more...

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like