back to article Microsoft admits to Halo 3: ODST 'issues'

Microsoft has downplayed reports that a Halo 3: ODST disc error is causing gamers software and console problems. The Xbox 360 game – the latest installment in the Halo series – was only released last week. But gamers have already filled message boards with angry complaints about problems with the title which supposedly cause …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. aldude
    Heart

First!!!!!!!!!

No problems here!

The vocal minority again no doubt........

2. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

brilliant!

this is the best news ive read all day!

ive heard two people i no complain about this over the weekend. i just had a look at the forums and it is pretty wide spread - haha yet another "issue" with the 360, if this was any other product (ever) a recall would of been done years ago!

3. MarkOne
    Stop

There is a guaranteed fix for this..

http://tinyurl.com/HaloODSTFix

worked great for me.

4. ukuser

the death of gaming as we knew it.

another half finished game wtf is wrong with the industry. they rush out titles use us as the beta testers & then expect micro payments for what has always been free content within the PC gaming community.

every console needs to be boycotted & a mass return to the PC is what is needed, consoles were supposed to be plug & play ffs.

games were a lot better when they were on a cartridge, at least you didn't have to worry about endless firmware updates craping out ur system.

5. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

@uksuer

What are you going on about!

Only microsoft charge people for online gaming, thats only because they can. It should be down to the game developers to host games online - you no, you pay for the game, the online area should be included in the price.... you no....

Firmware and game updates arent a bad thing, firmware updates add extra functionality to your system, game updates add patches to improve performance/ fix "issues".

I think you will find games today compared to games on cartridges are hell of a lot more interactive, complex and dynamic - problems will be found in titles that have already been released - they dont do this on purpose, it happens get over it.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Stop

@ukuser

The problem predominately affects X360 titles where the easier development and clueless gamers that buy anything if it's got Halo or a Gears label on it, means it's an ideal shovelware platform.

I bet Halo ODST will reach 3m sales, despite sucking badly...

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/reviews/2009/09/the-60-expansion-pack-halo-3-odst-underwhelms.ars

7. adam payne

ODST

I've had no problems with my disk, other games or my launch console. I did have certain allies get stuck only to disappear and reappear nearby.

It would be good to find out just how many people this affects?

Is it just me or did ODST feel like an expansion pack?

8. Anonymous Coward
    Troll

@adam payne

I was an expansion pack, its halo 3, the game that was released ages go.... GET IT? Youve been HAD!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like