back to article AT&T brands Google a net neutocrite

As the US Federal Communications Commission moves towards official net neutrality rules, AT&T is determined to get in the way. Big Phone's latest scheme is to brand Google as a net neutrality hypocrite, accusing the web giant of violating the existing FCC open-internet policies with its much-discussed Google Voice web …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Rob Farnell

Well blow me,

I think AT&T have a point here. But lets not be too hasty here, lets not cut off all the adult chat lines for all those lonely guys (and girls?) out there. The problem here is that if the commission favours AT&T, they can do three things 1) tell Google to get back in line or 2) Change the rules to allow blocking of certain call types or 3) Say Google Voice is not applicable to those rules as a non-traditional service.

The latter option could open a whole bag of worms with the carriers potentially deciding that they don't like certain lines and there's SFA you can do about it. Maybe that is an over generalisation, but it would need to be protected from financial and political abuse.

2. James O'Brien
    FAIL

@Well blow me

Sorry but your not my type :P

I know I'm going to catch heat for this probably but since when is Google a phone company?

Personally I think ATT is trying to make a case for itself in the public eye about this whole thing over Google Voice. Hell even my parents (about as technology competent as a flea, and even then I think I saw the flea on farcebook) believe that ATT had a hand in Apples rejection of the app. Besides isnt ATT one of the main players AGAINST netneut?

3. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

bunch of wankers

I don't know who's worse. this bunch of wankers or IBM. why is it that so many big corporations are run by total arse holes?

4. wv9e

Tried to tell you....

Google is the most Nazi like company on earth and fools keep rushing in.

5. Oninoshiko
    Dead Vulture

Goodwin's law

so, is this discussion over now, or are we envokeing Quirk's Exception?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like