back to article Vodafone goes music mad

Vodafone has been having a busy week. It launched its very own top 40, signed up Warner Music to its download service and, this Friday, it will give away ten tracks per subscriber. The noise is all about Vodafone relaunching its music service, with a rebranded interface promoted with some freebies and exclusive deals. But …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Martin Lyne

So..

So it'll take them another 5 years to come up with "iCompilations" which include several DIFFERENT artists of teh same GENRE in one PACKAGE!

The idea of making it cost slightly less than the mp3s individually will only occur sometime after the service degrades in popularity.

2. The Original Ash
    Joke

Excellent!

"Those unable to decide what to download can head over to the Real Time Top 40 where the twitterati are reporting their current listening to a live list..."

Tittering twats twittering tat, then?

3. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

Another epic fail from Vodafone

Ok, I like the sound of the DRM free part, but what's the use if the site's inaccessible. I get "You do not meet the minimum system requirements".... "designed for Internet Explorer 6 and Windows Media Player" in both Safari an Firefox. WTF? Why if it's DRM free would you need to tie it to Microsoft? I guess that's a big chunk of their market (and all Mac/Linux users) gone to start.

Anyway, given that Vodafone can't seem to keep their online billing portal working for more than 30 seconds I'm not expecting much.

4. Andy 97
    Troll

@ac

I think you need to lay down dear and relax.

5. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

If only it worked...

For most of Friday, and still sunday night, most actions to browse / download music gives the wonderful message :

"oops! an error has occured

Please try again. If the problem persists please contact customer care"

(contacting customer care also fails).

Cracking way to launch a service, although it probably does save them honouring their free download offer. I think I'll be giving a miss.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like