back to article Swedish military combustobra: Jubtastic snap

You demanded it, and here it is: our exclusive snap of a Swedish military combustobra incident, which shows just what happens when buxom female recruits subject government-issue brassieres to excessively "rigorous exercises": Our sensational image of the combustobra incident As you can see (in close-up, if you click the pic …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Flag

Her flag appears to be upside-down.

Or rather, it's the right way up, but only because her arm is elevated thus turning the whole sleeve upside-down.

So in normal situations, the flag is upside down when the sleeve is the correct way up.

Unless normal involves her keeping her arms up, but then it would surely be a tricolour Frog flag?

What do you mean, I shouldn't be looking at her arm??

2. Edward
    Joke

so

Do these go with army issue hotpants

3. RSW
    Happy

TGIF

Thank God It's Friday

4. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

@Flag

No, it's not upside down (impossible, as the Swedish flag is symmetrical across the horizontal center line). It might considered to be backwards, but that surely depends on where you consider the flagpole to be.

5. Ian Ferguson
    Flame

C'mon

Where's the gun nuts to complain about the unrealistic weapons and how US citizens would never be seen dead using the same ammunition as the Swedish military and how the Reg are obviously inept because they don't know the difference between .44 and .45? :D

Personally, I'm more concerned that nobody's noticed the stealth bomber overhead. Is it an overpriced, underequipped Eurofighter?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

That is...

...quite possibly the most awesome page on the website.

As for the flag (hell it took me ages to realise there *was* a flag - I was distracted)... US soldiers can be seen wearing 'backwards flags' on the right arms of their uniforms. Army regulations say that the stars always face forwards as if the flag is flying in the breeze.

7. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Aircraft recognition....

....not eveyone's strong point then Ian F? You ought to know that it's an F-19, which is what everyone thought an F-117A Nighthawk looked like before it's actual shape was revealed.

And is that camera of Lewis' an underwater model? I think we should be told.

Mine's the one with "The Story of Buster Crabbe" in the pocket. My, don't we have sad old gits posting here today.....?

8. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Damn (sic)

I was hoping you'd Playmobile a 'Paris eating newly-restored Spotted Dick' incident...

9. SmallYellowFuzzyDuck, how pweety!
    Thumb Up

It must be FRIIIIDDDAAAYYYYY!!!

Woo hoo! Thanks for that El Reg.

Going to ask two questions now that you keep ignoring, please reply, even if it's "Bog off!

1. Can we have an image big enough that can be used as a desktop backdrop?

2. Can we have a "Friday" icon?

Go ooooon, make my Friday and say Yes to both requests.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

Nice picture of Lewis!

Glad to hear he's ready to defend us should duty call.

Drinks all round!

11. BristolBachelor Gold badge
    Coat

(untitled)

I had to re-read the text carefully because I mis-undertood the picture first time.

I thought the guy in the back on the left was the typical "National Rifle Association" member - just popping to the shops for some chewing gum, while listening to his i-pod.

I thought the kid in the back on the right was his son, a junior "National Rifle Association" member - on his way to school, wearing his American football outfit.

12. goggyturk
    Coat

@ Ian

"Is it an overpriced, underequipped Eurofighter?"

Nope, it's an overpriced, underequipped F-35 running away from a Su-35S.

13. Bilgepipe

Hah

This is the funniest thing ever.

14. Christoph
    Pirate

How about El Reg doing some charity work?

When are you going to start a charity fund to buy supplies of ammo for those poor starving Yanks? What are they supposed to do to defend themselves if they only have a few thousand rounds available when the Death Panel attacks their homes to murder their grandmothers?

15. Trevor 3
    Pint

I swear it said...

...skills be required to remove a Russkie limpet mine clamped to the hull of one of her Maj's navals

It threw me until I realised she's royalty and it could therefore be feasible

beer coz its friday

16. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

@ Ian

Actually Ian, us Swedes use the same 5.56mm and 9mm ammunition as the US military does. So the yanks being there to pilfer our precious supplies would make sense, what with the robopocalypse around the corner.

17. Rob
    Happy

Kick back...

.... cause this article means the weekend has pretty much landed :)

18. It'sa Mea... Mario

TCIF

Thank Chrunchie it's Friday!

19. Dave Bell

Amateurs

Look, I'm sure that Lewis Page is a fine chap and all, but for supporting young ladies in difficulty he doesn't even get close to Wolf Baginski.

20. ian 22

"... one of her Maj's naval vessels"

After reading Lewis' other works, I would have thought "naval vessel" (singular) would have been appropriate. So the RN still has at least TWO vessels?

21. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

MEH!

No Jubs!

Here's one for you anyway.

22. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

lol

lol

23. Crivens
    Happy

Truely...

Marvellous.

24. dr_forrester
    Thumb Down

When I said pictures...

I meant photographs of the actual event, not of a Playmobil (seriously, folks, why not LEGOs?) recreation. Far as I can see, it still never happened.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like