back to article UK university embraces iPhone

A British university has written an iPhone application to help its freshers find their way to pubs and cash machines lectures and the library. UCLan_iPhone_app_02 UCLan's iPhone app should help students with daily life The University of Central Lancashire’s (UCLan) iPhone app apparently lets students keep up with the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Gary Littlemore
    Thumb Up

Students?

Can students afford iPhones? Are they wasting their student loans?

2. nanite2000
    Happy

RE: Students?

#Gary Littlemore

A few hundred pounds is a small drop in the ocean of student debt which typically ends up around 10-15k pounds per student. Plus, the phone will last them during their entire time at Uni. I bet most students would happily tie themselves into a 3 year contract for the chance to get a really cheap iPhone.

Anyway, I think this is a great idea. Seriously, I am always impressed by these small, niche, novel iPhone apps. This one suits a specific purpose and could easily grow beyond it's current potential. Imagine listing events on campus, or having constant easy access to your own personal timetable of lectures/lab classes. With reminders too!

I could certainly have done with something like this when I was at Uni. This is cool, and it makes me happy. But also a little sad that I'm no longer at Uni.

3. aitchdawg

Essex too

So have the University of Essex - here it is! i've just moved there and am starting my course next week - this has shown me my way round and shown me where everythings happening:-) http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=331015833&mt=8

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like