back to article Motorola's latest enterprise handset screams as it falls

Motorola's latest enterprise-ready mobile computer is really a mobile phone, but don't tell the handset division, as they're Android mad over there. The MC9500 is a Windows Mobile-based device, but one with interchangeable keypads, a user-replaceable radio module and a battery monitor embedded into the battery. It also comes …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Dirk Vandenheuvel

Profit

This division, unlike the mobile phone devision, actually makes profit.

2. mmiied
    Megaphone

screams in freefall

is there an app for that for the iphone aloth it might be a one use only thing

3. Pedantic Twat
    Coat

bowie reference?

was that deliberate? or am I just reading too much into everything these days?

4. jcw
    Coat

Motorola expects them where?

Off the back of a lorry? Well, I suppose that's one way of getting a 'volume discount'...

5. Peter Simpson 1
    Coat

Kind of useful

It could let you know as it falls out of your jacket pocket.

Mine's the one with the Motorola enterprise handset in the....now where did I leave that d@mn thing???

6. Sly
    Coat

screaming...

oh tossers!

mines the coat with the baseball mit inside

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Stupidty

Enterprises don't want a mobile phone for this purpose, but Honeywell have done the same thing. I have just spent 9 months fighting with a phone operating system to get it to behave as a Mobile data collection computer because the Windows Mobile operating system is perfect for consumers, but not for business use where the functions that the user are allowed to do are tightly controlled.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like