back to article SpinVox up for sale - investor

A minor SpinVox investor says the beleaguered voice-to-text services company is up for sale. Invesco Perpetual says it's cashing out, and it's written down its investment by 90 per cent. In a financial statement this week, Invesco disclosed: More disappointingly amongst the unquoted investments, since the year end, the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Adam Doran
    FAIL

Rats and Sinking Ship

An acquaintance named James who used to work there set me up with a free account which I'd been using since about January. Upon his recent resignation I decided to leave them. I got the distinct "Rats fleeing a sinking ship" impression.

2. Michael Fremlins

By buy bye

Texas to email camp and knee spin box 4 sails. By buy bye.

Blue horses shoe loves spinning box.

3. Ken Hagan Gold badge

What are they selling?

Doesn't everyone now know they have no actual product? Presumably the company currently consists of a pile of debt, some employees who presumably have a few rights under employment law, and a brand name that is an alias for "scam" in most of the English-speaking world.

4. Ed Marden
    WTF?

more anti spinvox propaganda?

There seems to be a lot of negative feeling about spinvox. I really don't understand the comments about "no product".

As a spinvox user, I don't really care how my voicemails get made into emails, all I care about is that they do, and most of the time, reasonably legibly.

Other times I'm fairly sure there has been no humans involved in the process, as no human being would think

that combination of words would go together!

Of course, as a company I'm fairly sure I wouldn't want to be in their shoes, as it looks like they're going to have a lot of competitors soon, and they might be competant in both marketing and running a business, unlike spinvox.

5. Anomalous Cowherd Silver badge
    Joke

Re: What are they selling?

Brand and goodwill?

6. PushF12

Google Voice

The SpinVox product isn't finished, and the investors were surprised by Google Voice being production ready. Funding was canceled because nobody can compete with the Truth Machine.

7. John Tserkezis
    FAIL

@ What are they selling?

We know they're not selling a "product", but they, well, *were* selling a "service".

Nothing wrong with that, except they misrepresented their service as being much more palatable than it actually was. There's the minor point that they outright lied about how the service was operating, coupled with disgruntled employees who let the end users know how wonderful employer/employee relations were going at the time, and you have yourself one company that's going down fast.

Of course, I'm quite sure there are other companies that do the same thing, but at least they can lie in a convincing manner, and more importantly, can keep the inner goings-on quiet enough that nobody cares.

So, it appears Spinvox management were a little less endowed in the brain department than most other management types...

8. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

What a mess.

Daddy should have just bought her a pony.

9. David Austin

required title

As a relativity happy Spinvox user (They get my messages legible about 95% of the time), can someone suggest an alternative service, in case they do go tits up?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like