back to article Guardian hitches ride in Mercedes Bunz

We're overdue a cheery Reg 'willkommen' to The Guardian's new Teutonic media and technology correspondent. Standing in for our liebling überblogstress Jemima Kiss, is the amazingly-named Mercedes Bunz. Despite the images of leather and polished wood her name might conjure, Ms Bunz was actually poached from Berlin-based …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. TeeCee Gold badge
    WTF?

I'm confused.

Are we channeling Private Eye's "Pseuds Corner" here all of a sudden?

2. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

For Sweet and Sticky Talk Talk on the Wwwild Side

"...because language is a virus." And it is also a powerfully addictive drug with Sublime Transparent HyperRadioProActive Controls, Ms Bunz, Mercedes.

3. The Other Steve
    WTF?

Sober as a judge

I had to read that again in order to decide which of us is drunk. Sadly and somewhat unusually it turns out that I am sober. So it must be you.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

All together now...

"What a load of..."

Though to be fair English may not be her first language, and I'd like her to make it her last if that's what they write.

Can't find the right place on the Guardian to send her a little missive along the lines of

"Oy, Mercedes Bunz, No!"

5. Graham Marsden
    Alien

I was just wondering...

... if she was related to amanfromMars when, lo and behold, I see a post from him as I go to the Comments page...!!

6. Anonymous John

Trivia

"Emil Jellinek, known after 1903 as Emil Jellinek-Mercedes (6 April 1853 – 21 January 1918) was a wealthy European entrepreneur who sat on the board of Daimler-Motoren-Gesellschaft ('DMG') between 1900 and 1909. He specified an engine designed there by Wilhelm Maybach for the first 'modern' car. Jellinek required naming the engine after his daughter], Mercedes Jellinek."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emil_Jellinek

7. Pedantic Twat
    Coat

blew me out

I was just thinking that Mz Bunz must be the real identity of amanfrommars (1 or otherwise) but obviously not.

Aardvark biscuit-barrel hatstand, to coin a pHrase.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Language is a Virus? YGBSM

That was a nonsensical phrase, uttered by a nonsensical man, utterly plowed on bug powder.

Fitting, for this day and age...

Paris, because...this twa[t]ddle just screams for it.

9. Aaron Em

Not a great way to keep a job I think

Am I correct in thinking that Ms Bunz just publicly, if somewhat subtly, slagged her new employer? After all, the Guardian is an "existing media structure", presumably as rife with "boundaries and oligopolies" as any other.

10. Anonymous Coward
    Badgers

The REAL future of journalism:

amanfromMars

11. Adam Williamson 1
    Go

wait a minute...

"what insights will Mercedes bring to The Guardian's world-beating coverage of itself, Twitter and its executives' favourite conferences?"

Wait - I thought that was The Reg?

Oh, no, of course - El Reg has the inestimable benefit of added coverage of Paris Hilton. As you were, then.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Nice

" amazingly-named Mercedes Bunz."

by someone called Hillman Gimp??

Nice

13. JohnG

Spelling

Given the Grauniad's legendary spelling errors, most people will assume her surname is really "Benz"

"Hillman Gimp" - nice one - but you have to be old to remember those.

14. Spot the Cat
    WTF?

Hillman Gimp?

Lester, Lester, is that you out there?

15. Candy

Languange is a virus...

I wish my German was that good.

Hell, some days, I wish my English was that good...

16. Rob
    WTF?

It's people like that....

... who coined the god awful phrase 'Web 2.0'

Yes I said the 'W' word feel free to beat me with a large stick, I deserve it.

17. disgruntled yank

where every prospect pleases

and only prose is viral.

(or vile, take your pick)

This topic is closed for new posts.