back to article Ofcom website takes second day off

Communications regulator Ofcom is mainly non-communicative today - its website is down for the second day. Surely nothing to do with problems at Colt? Colt is still keeping schtum on what caused problems yesterday, and today, but some customers are now being told it was a distributed denial of service attack rather than a …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Vince
    Paris Hilton

Difficult to have a secondary provider is it?

Just how sodding difficult would it be for them to have had a standby site, with a different telco. The amount they'll have spent on IT and they still can't keep a simple and totally boring web site up!?!

Paris knows how...

2. Futumsh

Personally I would like to thank Colt

for taking this innovative step to get Ofcom to STFU for once.

3. Andy Fletcher
    FAIL

Decisions, decisions....

Hmmm, we've managed to take down a clients' site - do we blame it our own incompetance, or on someone else attacking our system - no wait, that makes us look incompetant too.

4. alex cee
    Unhappy

if the regulator cant get a decent connection....

.....What chance of us mere 'morals' stand of getting one? :-(

5. The Original Steve

schoolboys

I work for a manufacturing company with 400 staff and i've just finished installing a second leased line with a different ISP using a different telco... All plumbed into our clustered firewall.

But it's all too much for the regulator hey..?

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Watch out for an update to their "How to chose an ISP" feature.

Must be an update due soon?

And there I just thought it was all those interested newspaper types swamping their web site?

7. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

OK El Reg

Just let us know when they are back in the saddle again, defending us innocent little guys

8. pctechxp

Its up again

It would appear

9. Richard North
    Unhappy

@AC 14:30

That's what they're paid to do - defend the little guys from the naughty big ones - but they've proved themselves to be completely ineffective in that role time and again, they're just a revenue-raising department of the Exchequer in all but name.

The website doesn't make enough profit to be worth hosting properly, so it seems.

I hope they don't take up too much space, because they're a waste of it.

10. Cortland Richmond
    Big Brother

Hey, they're about COMMUNICATIONS

Anyway, if they won't listen to complaints, why have a place to look for answer?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like