back to article MSI brings ultra-skinny laptop to Blighty

MSI has formally launched its MacBook Air-alike X600 skinny laptop in the UK, releasing two models: one with an optical drive and one without. Actually, neither has a built-in DVD burner, it's just that one model, the X600-055UK, comes bundled with an external unit. Priced at £799, it's £200 more than the X600-067UK. MSI X600 …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Thomas Davie
    Alert

Yet another Air competitor...

That's strangely thicker than the MacBook Pro.

2. northern monkey
    Thumb Down

What...

..no guys catching it between their arse cheeks for us Brits then?! For shame, MSI, for shame.

3. Matt 20

Typo

I think you mean "It's a 1.3GHz Pentium SU2700, we think."

And if so, big woo. Single core Pentium, how 90's. However, if the X600-055 with C2D and 4GB RAM is really £799 that's pretty tempting vs. the MBA.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Matt20...

The SU2700 is dual core. All current Pentium branded chips are.

5. Geoff Lamb

And heavier than a mac pro as well

And heavier than a mac pro as well (13" one anyway)

So an extra £100 gets you a lighter, skinnier 13" mac pro with a 7hr battery life

6. Ishkandar

Sounds good...

...but it's all marketing blurb. I'd wait to see the real full specs when it hits the streets. One thing that would make or break my decision to buy is whether the battery is removable and whether there is an option of a "fat" battery, i.e. one with a heftier charge that will last me (intermittently, with changes) through a 15 hour flight !!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like