back to article Prince of Darkness scares UK mobe firms

Heads of the UK network operators met with Peter Mandelson yesterday, with the Dark One stating that issues will be resolved in days - although which issues in particular he declined to specify. The meeting was attended by the heads of the five network operators with radio-spectrum holdings: Orange, T-Mobile, Vodafone, 3 and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. lukewarmdog
    Megaphone

I assume

The heads of the various telcos turned up.

It would be a bit embarassing if they didn't I suppose.

Personally I'd have sent him a busy tone.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

he

He used his sith lord powers to convince them

"You do not want the bandwidth"

"We do not want the bandwidth"

"You will give the bandwidth to the government out of good will"

"We will give the bandwidth to the government out of good will"

3. Field Marshal Von Krakenfart
    WTF?

There was a time...

when politicians like Baroness Mandelson would claim to have achieved something and tell us what they are supposed to have done, Mandy seems to have skipped the details part and gone straight the "telling us how brilliant he is" bit.

Maybe he just doesn’t know what he has a achieved.

Maybe he just doesn’t know.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Mandy is not a Sith Lord

Even Sith Lords find him way too creepy.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

My advice - stall!

He'll be out of here in 6 months (god willing)

6. Stu Wilson
    Terminator

I wonder...

...if they've actually made the money they paid for these spectrum licenses back yet.

personally, selling the spectrum licenses was a big mistake, they should have thought about it more, and kept to the old free-for-all; the government just saw the big cash cow heading thier way and was happy.

we were not happy, and we are still not happy.

ROTM cos SkyNet already has control of all the 4G sepctrum.

7. Ihre Papiere Bitte!!
    Grenade

The issues...

The issues are that PoD said "Do this" and the telcos said "no, we don't want to".

The resolution is that the PoD then said "I know where your wife has her hair done. I know where your children, how old are they now, my doesn't time fly, I know where they go to school. I know all about that 'little arrangement' you have with the school crossing lady, or should I call her 'Mistress Lollipop'? I trust we can come to an amicable resolution...."

Crucifixes, flames and stakes through the heart are the only way to go with that man... but a hand grenade would do in a pinch!

8. Anonymous Coward
    Alien

These aren't the bandwidth you're looking for

Etc

9. MrAFuller

LTE advancement, perhaps

Perhaps - nope, I do very much doubt it - we might see Vodafone a little more committed to LTE here in the UK; their LTE in the USA even has commercial deployment dates set.

10. The Beer Monster
    Coat

Prince Of Darkness?

I can't see any reference to Ozzy anywhere...

11. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Send him to the Mord Sith

That'll learn him.

Paris 'cos I wonder what she'd look like in a skin tight red Mord Sith outfit.

12. The Metal Cod

As A Sith Apprentice

May I say that Mandelson is not a member of our order nor would he be welcome. As Yoda once said, "Mmmm... standards even Sith have"

13. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

@Ihre Papiere

Your words could be taken as arrestable under the new regime we now live. You can't possibly mention the removal through force of arms, of one of our non elected and publically shamed (twice) Lords who couldn't hold onto the job he was elected to do (twice) so had to be given a job he can't be voted out of. Which also coincided with the almost fall of the Brown administration.

Scum that he is, you cant threaten him. The register will be forced to submit your details and then the ISP will and so on and so on. All under the name of the "war on terror."

I for one agree whoe heartedly with your sentiments however. :)

Can we have an icon for Guy Fawkes?

14. MPT

head of the sith

so the sith now routinely take the heads quite literally. that is some dark power.

confusion and fear, are the way of the dark side,.

15. John Square

Aw c'mon....:

Mandy's not hard to deal with: you just need to know how. Most authorities agree that stuffing his mouth with garlic, a staje through the heart followed by separating his head from his body and burying the parts either side of running water will do the trick.

It's time consuming, but the only way to be sure*

*especially as you can't just wait for an election, not now he's a Lord(ie)

16. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Yoda

Agree with you I do.

17. TeeCee Gold badge

Re: Mandy is not a Sith Lord.

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

18. Mycroft

Gravy train

That's Kip Meek, ex Ofcom, still a director of Phorm FFS, given a role at the centre of UK comms policy, by an unelected but thrice disgraced lord. You couldn't make it up. I'm beyond angry...

19. night troll
    Pirate

@ Aw c'mon....:

I understand he prefers his back pocket stuffed with reddies, he then does whatever you want as long as the price is right. ;-))

20. exit...quit...bye...quitbye.ctrl-C..ctrlX.ctrl-alt-X...aarrrr*slam*

Ozzy?

Wasn´t Ozzy not just some mere "Prince of Darkness" but rather "THE f... Prince of f...ing darkness"?

Just wondering. (and while wondering: would I have been allowed to post "f...ing" in all its glory or are we considerate of our transatlantic friends?

21. Matt D 3
    Badgers

Prince of Darkness.

Just a comment on what we do and do not allow on the Reg comment boards.

We do allow fuck, so you are quite welcome to refer to 'the fucking prince of fucking darkness'. We do not allow the c-word, however.

Don't ask why. I don't make the rules. The Moderatrix hath spoken on the matter, and that is all we all need to know.

Matt D

(Sub-Ed)

Badgers. Because they're fucking badgers.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like