back to article Spanish boy racer cuffed for snapping self on mobe

A Spanish youth is in a bit of bother with the powers that be after drunkenly snapping himself on his mobile while fishtailing his wheels round a roundabout and jumping a few red lights in the process. When coppers descended on 18-year-old Vigo lad "JCR" at 2.50am local time yesterday, he decided to make good his escape, only …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

CGI defense?

I wonder...

If you snapped some innocent pics, photoshopped & stitched them together to make it look like you were doing something silly, posted it to 'my-face-bebo-space-tube-book-page' with lots of 'aint I da bomb!!11!! comments.

How long before plod comes knocking? Sounds like some media student project there.

2. Simon Buttress
    FAIL

What a fanny

No comment necessary.

3. SmallYellowFuzzyDuck, how pweety!
    FAIL

I saw a French couple do it better

Drunk driving, mobile phoning dick heads, love 'em.

I was working in France in 1999 at a holiday camp, we have a boat moored in the local harbour and one night a drunk French couple came driving into the harbour at 100mph and didn't see the wall....

They drove straight over the wall, bounced over 3 boats (Including hitting our boat) and landed in the drink. Everyone on board the car was killed instantly and the girlfriend was discovered floating in 3 pieces.

One unlucky staff member was asked the clean the mess off our boat later, which consisted of cassette tapes, broken glass and lots and lots of blood.

The area I was in, well I have never seen so many accidents in my life. Every day there was a drink related accident and people just didnt lean.

Nah, the French are much worse.

Fail tag as said couple scored "Null points" for their drunken boat jump attempt.

Now go enjoy your lunch ;-P

4. Grease Monkey Silver badge

@AC - CGI Defense?

Are you saying the guy trying to escape from plod was some sort of holographic projection?

5. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

El Wanke

Another Fail-Boi

6. Steve Evans

Pah!

"Unsurprisingly, he was held in custody pending an appearance before the beak."

Well actually as a brit I do find that quite astonishing. Over here he'd get a lift home, many chances to do a runner again, before finally being sentenced to 200 hours of community service and having 6 points put on the licence he doesn't have.

@SmallYellowFuzzyDuck - You're not wrong. When I lived out there for a while I discovered that the much repeated stricter DD limits are generally ignored by the population. I regularly saw people barely able to stand, driving down the mountain round after a night in a mountain side bar. Unfortunately I never saw any of them go over the sheer drop!

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Lock his arse up for a few years

He bee one dumbphucker. Lock his arse up for a couple years and see if he learns anything.

8. Stevie

Bah!

[4 AC 10:28] Well, I reckon if you crash your car into a police car and get caught in the middle of the "creative process" your chances of making that work are as close to nil as makes no difference. I'm not sure why one would think otherwise.

9. James O'Shea

Amateur

One local bright lad was grabbed by the State Police after:

1 proceeding down I-95 at a speed in excess of 150 MPH (that's 240 km/h) on a motorbike

2 performing multiple illegal lane changes

3 performing a U-turn in the middle of the highway and going the wrong way when he spotted cops up ahead (remember, he's making 150 MPH while doing this...)

4 performing another U-turn when he spotted cops coming the other way

5 accelerating to a speed 'in excess of 180 MPH' in a (successful) attempt to out-run a police helicopter

6 exiting the highway using an onramp

7 forgetting that police helicopters have radios and that he can't go faster than light, and sailing straight into a cop roadblock on regular city streets, wherein he'd slowed down to a mere 90+ MPH in a 40 MPH zone.

He got prison time for felony evasion, felony dangerous driving, attempted assault with intent to kill on a police officer (he'd aimed the bike right at several of the cops) and being a moron for issuing the following statement: "I bought the bike so that I could go fast".

He had (note past tense) a license at the time (not any more, not that he'd be able to drive for several years as there ain't no Harleys up in Raiford...) and hadn't been drinking or taking drugs. He was just a South Florida redneck on a Harley, that's all...

10. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

Saved from a Darwin Award

Sad that they had to, but he could've taken others with him.

A side note: I wonder if ADHD carries the evolutionary advantage for the species that it used to? Maybe we should see the genes for it quietly disappear within the next 50 generations or so. I'm already looking forward to it... :-)

11. Dayjo
    Go

"Hi, I'm Sheriff John Bunnell"

This little Spaniard thought he could get away with INSANITY. He was wrong.

12. Jeffrey Nonken
    Troll

@grumpy

"A side note: I wonder if ADHD carries the evolutionary advantage for the species that it used to? Maybe we should see the genes for it quietly disappear within the next 50 generations or so. I'm already looking forward to it... :-)"

Good idea, breed creativity right out of the gene pool.

Looking forward to it? You should probably hold your breath while you're waiting. Please.

13. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

@James O'Shea

180mph on a Harley? Hogs are many things, but 'designed for top end' is not one of them...

14. James O'Shea

@David W

The paper didn't say what kind of bike he was on, but as most of the more idiotic local bikers ride Harleys I just assumed it was one. Substitute whichever bike can make 180+.

If the pic in the paper was anything to go by, he was doing all that wearing jeans and a tee, and _not_ wearing a helmet, which makes him a suicidal biker idiot.

15. phil 27
    FAIL

@james o'shea

You was sounding quite plausable there, until you mentioned his 180mph stunt was on a harley...

Was that 180mph between crank rebuilds or had they thrown it off the side of a cliff at the time?

16. John Dougald McCallum
    Grenade

@ James O'Shea

Not many bikes that will do a genuine 180 MPH so it was probibly either A Hyabusi (suzki) or a Blackbird(Honda) Grenade cos thats what would happen to a harley.

17. Marina

@John Dougald McCallum

It is called a Suzuki Hayabusa. Fastest production bike alive, I've been told. A friend of mine has one, but when I asked him about the top speed he merely said: "Fast enough."

Didn't want to incriminate himself, I assume.

18. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@ James O'Shea - Which Harely is this?

Which Harley are we talking about here? A souped up V-Rod can *probably* go 150 mph, though it will need to have been seriously tinkered with and need to have a professional level rider atop.

19. Witty username
    Thumb Up

180mph

all modern litre sportsbikes will do 186mph (299KM/h) before hitting the speed limiter, there was an unofficial agreement between the top jap bike manafacturers to introduce this limit as the performance was getting a tad OTT :)

20. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

@John Dougald McCallum

Are you kidding? My 99 plate Suzuki GSXR 600 has been GPS tested up at Bruntingthorpe to do 181mph. Only took 2 weekends of tinkering to get it running that fast. ;)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like