back to article Fed chairman hit by ID thieves

The US Federal Reserve Board chairman has become the latest high-profile public figure to fall victim to identity theft. Ben Bernanke, whose day job leaves him in charge of the US money supply, became the victim of fraud after a pick pocket stole his wife's handbag from a Starbucks shop in Washington's Eastern Market. Credit …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Slaytanic

No sympathy here...

This couldn't have happened to a more deserving person, as he helped set up one of the biggest frauds of all time!!!

2. Pascal Monett Silver badge

Re: Slaytanic

I believe the guy you're thinking of is already in jail. This is another chairman, since the crook in the position had to be replaced.

3. Pascal Monett Silver badge

Great ! Just what we need.

This will get high-profile people directly concerned in the problems of the little people - you know, the ones who are actually supposed to be protected by the bigwigs. Maybe some better procedures, or even a change in the law, will come of it.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

@Slaytanic

very true, those small time fraudsters are dilettantes compared to the Federal Reserve (the biggest fraudsters in history of mankind) ...

5. Eddy Ito
    Pint

RE: Slaytanic

Hear, hear!

6. asdf
    WTF?

Amen slaytanic

Only the US government would have have so much more money than brains to not only allow a quasi government organization to effectively double our nation deficit (10+ trillion dollars) but allow them to do so with no oversight and in secret. Repeat after me AUDIT THE DARN FED and be sure to tell your congressmen if you are a US citizen. http://www.campaignforliberty.com/campaigns/auditthefed.php

7. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

ID fraud? Another reason to stay poor!

Someone nicked my ID they tried to empty my bank account of hundreds of pounds, but 'cos I spend so little it tripped so many alarms the bank called me almost immediately! Being a lowly IT techie married with kids living in Gordon's wonderland of milk and honey, I almost always also have bugger all in my bank account at any time, so anyone trying to nick it will have a bloody hard job getting anything!

8. John Smith 19 Gold badge
    Flame

Note. Its low tech but effective

Guess what. Leaving your purse or what in an unattened bag in a public place in an urban area (and Washington DC does have a *very* high crime rate in some parts) is asking for a good kicking.

Which was duly given.

9. Pete 8
    Thumb Up

But

Surely a member of the Illuminati is 'protected' from this sort of thing.

It must be just a psyops ar-tickle.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like