back to article Lad from Lagos makes YouTube pitch

Fans of the Lads from Lagos will enjoy this Friday piece of silliness: a classic 419 pitch from one Prince Obi Matumbe Akumbe, who's ditched the traditional email and decided to lay out his stall on YouTube: Good stuff. Anyone interested in taking up Prince Obi's tempting offer should get in touch via, of course, his …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. El Richard Thomas

Classic

"Thank you to all who have messaged me. Although I am happy with the size of my manhood, I would like to hear from people with bank accounts."

2. Philip 5
    Thumb Up

Laughs from Lagos..

Brilliant!

3. Mike 119
    Thumb Up

Oh God.

Thats just too funny

4. Dave Harris
    Pirate

Genius

Cracking stuff, especially some of the stuff on Twitter

5. Jamie 19
    Paris Hilton

Bank scams courtesy WEB2.0

In 10-15 years we will be getting holographic images of this poor guy and the very large objects that are being inserted in his bottom.

Maybe he should move to some other countries where people pay to see these things happen, then he would not need to have his money transfered.

6. The Dorset Rambler
    Coffee/keyboard

Absolutely

Priceless!

"very large objects up my bottom"

New keyboard please...

7. Daniel Wilkie
    Thumb Up

Fridays dose of Epicness

Well done for finding that one!

8. seanj

Funny as f%*$...

...but clearly a tongue in cheek piss-take. No scammer would draw attention to other people's mistrust of him (Mr Wright, who suggested *ahem* "relations" with his mother).

Love it though.

9. William Towle
    Coffee/keyboard

What's the day? Friday!

Quote: "I have an email from Mr. ChunkyLad69@hotmail. Mr. Lad asks me to perform terrible sexual acts", followed by "Who responds to business proposals like this?".

Says the twittering 419er.

// :D

I smell parody

10. amanfromMars 1 Silver badge

I'll C that Bet and Raise IT to the House Limits, whatever they may be.

There must be some real good dope available in Nigeria. Bravo, Prince Obi Matumbe Akumbe, and have you ever thought of going dDutch with a SWIFT Alien Account to bring NEUKlearer HyperRadioProActive IT to the People. Win Win if you Care 42 Dare, Bro.

11. olanz

Hes not a lagosian,stop bashing

But where in this clip did the guy said he was a lagos lad and did you honestly belive any scam artist will be bold enough to put such clip online? please lets stop the bashing

12. rakoth132

I really Would

I really would give him my bank account details - he seems genuine.

What a shame, I am not a Christian, I don't think he will trust me - even though he obviously Trustworthty!

13. lglethal Silver badge
    FAIL

@ Olanz

Sense of humour FAIL!

14. J 3
    FAIL

@olanz

Please let's stop being stupidly brainless. Or humo(u)rless. Most likely both.

15. Andus McCoatover
    Coffee/keyboard

Spoof, and a good one!

Prince Obi owes me a keyboard before I can help.

Priceless spoof - he doesn't appear to request anything but help (in removing large items from his bottom). It appears to be well scripted, however. But as convincing as a playmobil reconstruction (Hey - can we have one with the Prince having large things removed...?)

Twitter? Titter, more like!

16. Georgie
    Thumb Up

Someone's front room?

I especially like the ordinary sofa and the obvious radiator draped with a cheap throw and a couple of wooden elephants. Looks to me like an unusual and modern attempt to get some quick comedy fame.

17. Anonymous Coward
    Joke

@Andus McCoatover

Oh, so THAT'S where Optimus is hiding this week! Right next to this guy's prostate- which he definately has as he's clearly a genuine man.

18. paul brain
    Alert

radiator

I love the towel over the radiator with the two elephants, attempting to disguise the fact that its a radiator belonging to a house in Hemel Hempstead and possibly not Lagos ( would they need central heating ?? )

19. Prince Obi

Thank YOU!

Hello my good friends!

I am so pleased you have enjoyed my video message and that so many of you seem to want to help.

I find some people are frightened to senmd their bank numbers to my email, but I understand The Register is a fine publication with many trustworthy souls, so it is safe for you to place you banking details here and we can conclude our business where everyone can see.

Praise everyone!

Prince Obi

20. ElReg!comments!Pierre

Nice name.

Obi 1 Kenobi or sumfin. Sure sounds serious to me.

21. Jesse Dorland
    Thumb Up

Nice

I giving myself a mental hug :)

22. Jesse Dorland
    Thumb Up

Almost forgot

I love the way he talks "thank you for your polite refusal. It is nice not to be told to insert fruit into myself or to pleasure farm animals."

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like