back to article Reg bean counter in charity cycling towerathon

It's come to our attention that El Reg's chief bean counter Charlie Caton is about to arrive in Blackpool having decided to tackle his mid-life crisis head-on by cycling there from Paris. Charlie Caton The gruelling trek from La Ville-Lumière's famous Eiffel erection to Blackpool's rather more modest tower will benefit Rock …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Kevin Dwyer
    Go

Next challenge?

Good effort, great cause, can I suggest his next challenge? ( you will need to get him paralytic first )

Arch to Arc , just as it says on the tin, run from Marble Arch down to Dover ( 84 miles ), swim the English Channel, then cycle the 184 miles to the Arc de Triomphe.

Here is a link so you can sign him up http://www.enduroman.com/archtoarc.html

Oh, and put me down for a tenner ( assuming he doesn't drown )

2. MnM
    Thumb Up

uncanny

Isn't that Dominic Littlewood from Don't Get Done, Get Dom? Any suggestions how I could contribute less?

3. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Hard Way

"From Paris to Blackpool, the hard way"

When I read that, I assumed he would be pedalling under the Atlantic and going to Paris via New York, Tokyo and Milan.

Paris - because at the end, he'll be exhausted but happy.

4. Goatan
    Pint

Good on ya

Nice work raising money for charity.

Got a pint right here for ya.

5. Jimmahh
    Go

Shameless promotion...

...but as it's all in the cause of embarressing someone (and that charity thing =) I guess I'll let you off =)

6. RainForestGuppy
    Unhappy

Moonlighting

To El Reg Editor,

Sir/Madam, I feel it is my duty to inform you that one of your staff has been moonlighting. I saw the picture of your Chief bean-counter Charlie Caton and have know doubt that outside of office hours he calls himself Dominic Littlewood and appears on property and consumer shows, such as "to buy or not to buy" and "The one show".

Did nobody notice the excessive calls to estate agents, our his need to by in Birmingham by 7.30 every evening. Perhaps the long lunchs with other showbiz luvvies should have started to ring alarm bells.

I suggest before you make any further comments regarding other business, you get your own house in order and bring your wayward employees inline. Perhaps a session with the Moderatix would cause Mr Caton to see the error of his ways and give up this alter-ego.

7. Chris Priest
    Thumb Up

Rather him than me!

But what the hell, just donated and thats his target met :) Damn good cause!

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Congratulations

And he did it the hard way as well, all uphill. Surely Blackpool to Paris would have been easier.

9. K
    Thumb Up

Well done

Awesome stuff

10. Evil Auditor Silver badge

Friday pub'o'clock already!

Let's raise our glasses to Charlie (and Lester for bringing this pint-reason to us)! It's a shame you can't be with us having some drinks or the other. But, I guess, someone has to rub his arse off. So what.

Cheers, EA

11. A J Stiles
    Pint

@ Kevin Dwyer

I have often joked about almost exactly that.

But never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined for a split-second that anybody would be foolhardy enough to attempt it in real life.

Let alone that half a dozen would actually survive it.

Beer for Charlie.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Idea

Maybe he would like to volunteer to pilot the PARIS vehicle?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like