back to article Facebook to hire like it's 1999

Facebook expects to increase its staff by as much as 50 per cent this year by tapping into the "surplus" of out-of-work engineers caused by the Meltdown. The social networking website's chief executive Mark Zuckerburg said in an interview with Bloomberg that while most tech firms are shedding workers to make do, Facebook's …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

The new reich

Facebook is inadvertently becoming a sort of web government, by that, I believe that their modus operandi is akin to all those humans plugged in their matrix and being drained for the robots batteries. Has Facebook really brought that much innovation to our lives or are we more easily seduced now by the superfluous bells and whistles that the application offers? Perhaps not draining our power but it is coercing us into surrendering our models of thinking through our visible selection of friends, online and offline habits and not to mention all the information which we willingly provide through our profile and various questionnaires.

2. eJ2095

nah

Just that humans are nosey and people like to talk about the selves.

3. Zid

Hiring?

Now, I can't say my job involves solving world hunger but how hard would it be to get out of bed in the morning knowing that you're an enabler for the kind of tripe that occurs on facebook.

Couldn't pay me enough to work for them.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Well done sir.

A very admirable first comment on a facebook story. I would of normally had to wait until the 4th comment for a decent rant.

5. adobob

facebook grammer

that's "would have", not "would of". facebook is clearly dragging the world down to a lowest common denominator of literacy.

... oh well. wtf lol, time fur me to go an pwn some noobs, enable some tripe, an solve world hungr on facebook !

6. Steve Evans

Not a moment too soon...

Given the number of times I have seen the facebook error box appear in the last couple of days they need some more staff!

If they continue with this kind of stability I might actually have to do some bl**dy work!

7. Zid

Reg comment grammar

It's grammar not "grammer" and it's punctuation used appropriately rather than despondently.

Clearly... you get the point, adobob.

8. Richard 102
    Badgers

@adobob

"facebook is clearly dragging the world down to a lowest common denominator of literacy"

Shome mishtake, shurely? Television and government education programs seem to have done that well long before facebook came around.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like