back to article Unmanned German sperm dirigible 'to fly within days'

A German-American venture says it is now days from the maiden flight of its 111-foot long, tadpole-esque "segmented" drone airship. The STS-111 "Stratellite", produced by Sanswire of Florida and TAO Technologies GmbH of Stuttgart, has now been assembled at the firm's German test centre. According to a Sanswire-TAO announcement …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. northern monkey
    Coffee/keyboard

Oh my days!

It looks like something under the snow is getting the most enormous erection!

I am definitely owed a new keyboard, and my monitor isn't looking too happy either.

2. Elmer Phud
    Happy

Are you sure . . .

. . . they're not re-making "Everything You Wanted To Know About Sex But Were Afraid To Ask"?

3. Hardcastle
    Paris Hilton

The sperm zepplin, eh?

Just what we need... a big ol' floppy flying sperm. Then again, take a look at the shape. They could have colored the fabric brown and called it the Flying Shite. Just slap on Redmond's logo, and it could bring back "Truth in advertising".

Paris, because she likes those big ol' floppy thingies in the air... I'll get my coat.

4. Number6

Are you sure?

It looks like a Durex advert to me.

5. Blubster
    Coat

Pffhhh!

"This would lurk for long periods in the "wind bucket" found between 65 and 70,000 feet, so as to avoid being blown off station. It would serve as a communications relay platform"

Nowt new here.

Does NO-ONE remember Skybase - Spectrum's air-borne headquarters in the Captain Scarlet TV series - a giant floating platform cum aircraft carrier?

No? Just me then.

6. LaeMi Qian
    Coat

A seminal achievement

A seminal achievement

7. Tom 64

Air pressure

Wont the differences in air pressure between 0 and 70,000ft have a big impact on their 'neautrally buoyant fuel'? I imagine that air sack at the back will need to stretch and contract a LOT

8. matt 83
    Joke

how will they...

stop the Swedish lesbians from steeling it?

9. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Blubster

[Pedant] I think you mean Cloudbase [/pedant]

10. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

@Blubster

"cum aircraft carrier'

Ah yes, those Angels...

11. Whitter
    Joke

The shape of things to cum?

'Nuff said

12. Blubster
    Happy

@AC x 2

[Pedant] I think you mean Cloudbase [/pedant]

Just testing.

13. Winkypop Silver badge
    Joke

I went out with a Cloudbase Angle once

Until I found out she was just jerking me along...

14. Ken Baker
    Flame

Hindenburg II

Hmm, replace the flammable hydrogen with helium, then trail a huge tail full of explosive gaseous fuel. What could possibly go wrong?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like