back to article Intel's consumer-friendly Nehalem chips arrive early?

Intel's long-awaited consumer-level Nehalem-based processors and motherboards are already available in Asia in "small volumes", ahead of their expected launch early next month. That is, if a report by the Taiwanese market-watchers at DigiTimes is to be believed. DigiTimes reports that unnamed "market sources" have told them …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Jesse Dorland
    Thumb Down

Aren't desktop dead yet?

Honestly, why would anyone bother building a desktop? I mean with a laptop, you can go to a library, talk to pretty girls. Desktop are like chaining a wife to a radiator.

2. Darren Lovell
    Joke

@ Jesse Dorland

Is chaining the wife to a radiator such a bad thing?

3. Daniel 22
    WTF?

@Jesse Dorland

My God, I never thought I'd see such a comment on the register... I just hope you were trying to be ironic. If not, and you do believe that laptops are as powerful as desktops, I can only assume your PC is used for nothing more than facebook stalking.

@Darren... if you chain her to the radiator, how's she going to do the dishes and get you a beer? It'd have to be a long chain.

4. lyngvi

desktops ftw

Still using a desktop here. I don't really see desktops as that great for Joe User anymore. But having multiple large screens, a RAID-1 array to protect against hard disk failure, and being able to operate multiple VMs simultaneously are helpful features for some of us. Good luck finding a laptop under 5 grand and 5 kilos that'll do that for you.

5. Chris Fleming
    Happy

Ok

I use a desktop every day at work oh and servers too...

Sorry we got no radiators here in the tropics the neareset coconut tree is used-)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like