back to article Dell's Android phone unmasked

The first phone developed by Dell has finally been revealed, thanks to the PC manufacturer’s tie-up with a Chinese network operator. dell_mini_3i_01 Dell's Mini3i Android phone has launched in China Source: mobile.i63.com The handset – blurred images of which were first leaked last week – is called the Mini 3i. The device …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    FAIL

No Wi-fi or 3G?

FAIL.

I seriously can't believe that's accurate, given that the entire premise for Android is (like the iPhone) the connectivity of the device. Given that the browser, Android market, gmail app, etc., etc., etc., are all connected apps, being limited to a 2G connection will effectively cripple the device.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Flame

Meh

>or if Blighty will ever be graced by the PC manufacturer’s handset. ®

Of course it will... it'll be another ******* O2 exclusive, like every other handset you might actually want to pay money for.

3. Bod

Lack of 3G

Could be down to China. They're a bit picky about these things and have only recently started allowing 3G I think. Depends how long Dell's had this one under wraps.

I doubt many in China will be bothered as how many can get 3G anyway?

4. Gary F

No wifi or 3G?

What is the point of this phone's existence if it doesn't have wifi or 3G? Dell give it a lovely hi-res display but they won't let you use it to surf the web at a half decent speed. Bizarre. This is like version 0.5 of the iPhone. Why? Danger Will Robinson, it does not compute!

5. Hedley Phillips

No Wi-fi or 3G

Do Dell know what year it is?

6. hj
    Grenade

guaranteed succes

1 system V kinda operating system? check

2 shiny? check

3 name with an "i" in it? check

4 Profit!

7. Cameron Colley

Just buy an iPaq from the '90s

... at least they had WiFi.

That said, China is a different market and GPRS is adequate for a bit of email of casual browsing.

8. Mark2410
    FAIL

i dont get it

no 3G and no wi fi either, just what are you meant to do with it other than text or call people? so why bother giving it a smart phone os and a big screen?

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like