back to article DoH rate-my-doc site won't name and shame individual docs

The Department of Health is launching a doctor rating service in October, but it will not name and shame individual doctors. The idea was announced back in December by then-Minister for Health Ben Bradshaw. He said at the time he wanted a site which would do for doctors what Amazon has done for the book trade. The news …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

One question....

...is it only rated to your current doc or can I rate my last Doctors?

If so will there be a Obnoxious, arrogant, condensending ***t option?

2. Pete 2 Silver badge

Frequently the doc is only a small part of the experience

Just as important is how easy the surgery is to get to. What parking is like. How efficient are they at losing people's notes and other data. Whether the receptionists are complete facists (or show a glimmer of humanity). How easy it is to get an appointment and just what other diseases, ailments or injuries you're likely to pick up in the waiting room.

Probably the best indicator of a "good" practice is where the other doctors go when they're ill.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

Yet another eye-catching intiative

... that's about as worthwhile as a night out in Cleethorpes.

After 12 years of an endless stream of such meaningless drivel you'd have thought they'd catch on that no-one: a) believes them b) gives a toss c) is going to vote for them come the next general election.

How about a league table/rating system for individual MPs - at least we could extract some entertainment out of it

4. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

God complex

"Obnoxious, arrogant, condensending ***t" should probably be used as the default value with any unlikely deviation from this being noted in the review. The only worthwhile doctors I've met have always been locums.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Uefulness

The website is indeed going to be as useful as the first two replies.

The practice that gives everybody their sicknotes and diazepam will easily be the best practice in the country.

6. Iggle Piggle

Rating system for MP's

"How about a league table/rating system for individual MPs - at least we could extract some entertainment out of it"

I believe this is called an election :-)

7. Adrian Midgley 1

do we get to rate patients?

A general citizen to citizen rating service could become interesting.

8. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I rate my patients...

would be a great website for all to see. It really is time to launch iwantgreatpatients.org. Employers might find it fascinating to look up their flakiest employees with dodgy sickness records!

9. TeeCee Gold badge
    Thumb Down

@Iggle Piggle

No, a by-election is a rating system for individual MPs and we don't have enough of them. A general election is all about making sure that you have the right coloured rosette pinned onto your lapel on the day.

There are many constituencies where they'd quite happily vote for a pile of horseshit if it were selected to stand by the right party. Next year you'll be easily able to identify these for one side of the political spectrum. They'll be the ones marked in red on the Newsnight map.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like