back to article Nikon unveils world's first projection camera

The days when you only viewed holiday snaps on your camera’s tiny built-in display are dead. Why? Because Nikon’s launched the world’s first compact camera featuring an integrated projector. Nikon_s1000pj_03 Nikon's S1000pj can project images measuring between 5in and 40in The S1000pj will project images onto any available …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Daniel Harris 1

Pretty cool

That's a pretty cool feature, but suprised this hasn't already been done in the past. In Japan they have had them in mobile phones for a while...Most phones have a camera, but suppose this is just the first compact digital camera to have it.

Personally i'd rather spend the money on an entry level DSLR, no projector but superior pictures.

When these become a bit more common the price will fall quickly.

2. Edwin
    Thumb Up

Power?

Hope they bundle a power brick. I imagine the projector uses quite a lot of power...

3. Stu
    Boffin

LED projector?

Let me guess (what with the distinct lack of provided info) its a ponsey Hi-brightness LED projector isn't it!?

No mention of it, so I hold my breath for the announcement that its actually a laser based projector - would be much cooler, not to mention more practical.

Google for 'laser pico projector'.

4. Bob H
    Paris Hilton

Resolution

I have little doubt that the resolution will be VGA or less, this is an interesting step forward but I would rather just pass the camera round.

Paris, because she knows how to project an image.

Bob

5. Charlie Barnes
    Thumb Up

Wow

That's actually a good idea in a world where gimmicks seem to be dominating the world of digital cameras.

6. Max 12
    Thumb Up

Video?

Amazing. Does the camera/projector also support video, or only stills? If it does then I am definitely buying one!

7. pklong

Model Number: R2D2

"Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi, You're My Only Hope"

This topic is closed for new posts.