back to article Google tosses Android a Donut

Three months after Google released an "early look" at version 1.5 of its Android mobile operating system, a newer version has made its way into the eager hands of developers. Dubbed Donut, the new alpha version brings a raft of new features to 'Droiders. As demoed at the Google I/O conference back in May, when Donut is fully …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. James Dunmore
    Dead Vulture

What about upgrades

Can you tell us if t-mobile and vodafone will bring donut to the g1/g2 phones please.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Multi-touch

I've got multi-touch in Cupcake on my G1. Just need a community ROM. The support for it is in the kernel, it just needs enabling. The only app that works with it is a patched browser though and it's nowhere near as good as MT on the iPhone. A lot of work will be needed to make the browser and maps work nicely with MT, I suspect that's why they aren't tackling it yet.

3. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

OS choice for new phone

chrome donut android?

what should I pick from google.

I guess I will just an iphone. then I do not have to choose

4. Richard 31
    Paris Hilton

Bluetooth File transfer

How about bluetooth file transfer like every other phone has had since the invention of the protocol?

5. Anonymous Coward
    Boffin

AC is too stupid to own a phone

Chrome is a web browser from Google

Android is the OS for the phone

Donut (and Cupcake) are silly names given to versions of the software

There is no "confusing choice" there

If you can't understand that, then I suspect the iPhone may also be too complex for you

6. Nano nano

Do not

"Donut" - brought to you by the people who think "and" is spelt " 'n' " ...

7. Anonymous Coward
    Grenade

RE: Do not

Nano nano wrote: "Donut" - brought to you by the people who think "and" is spelt " 'n' " ...

Well, Americans have unleashed some of their horrible spellings on all parts of the world. Whatever happened to the good old "doughnut"?

[Personally, I feel they should be called "dough-torii" - what have they got to do with nuts?]

8. Dangerous Dave
    FAIL

@Richard 31

Windows Mobiles dont have it installed by default (well, the SPV C500 and XDA Trion's i've endured haven't)

You have to install some third party app called smartexplorer i seem to remember. iPhone doesnt do it either does it, but you can cut and paste now *snigger*

9. Anonymous Coward
    IT Angle

cupcakes

My wife's just bought some cupcakes for me and the family.... none of this electronic gubbins.. proper cakes, delivered straight to her! I should have insisted she bake them herself! from www.plwmp.net. only in cardiff though so most of you guys are gonna be missing out!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like