back to article Palm gets its Mojo working

Palm has opened access to its WebOS development kit, Mojo, allowing anyone to develop Pre applications - though no one outside the USA has a Pre as yet. Not that anyone will be able to distribute developed apps as yet: the Palm Application Catalogue won't be open for business for a few months yet. Until then Pre users are …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Aaron Em

Signed by Palm --

-- well, so much for that plan: another locked-up-tight smartphone that I just don't want.

Pity. I was looking forward to this one.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Unhappy

Living up to the hype?

Quote: "That assumes the Pre lives up to the hype, which is looking good so far ..."

From what I've been reading around the interwebs, it isn't close to doing this. The webOS is living up to the hype in the main, but the Pré itself is proving to be in the OK to not very good realm. Lots of duff units, poor build quality, sub-standard materials, a cramped and unfriendly keyboard, etc. I really hope the webOS sees some hardware to match its promise but the Pré, alas, does not sound as though it is all that great and is letting it down badly.

3. Justin 15
    FAIL

@Aaron Em

Agreed.

This was on my list for a new phone.

Not anymore.

4. Fat Bloke

The Palm Emulator

If you download the SDK you can run the Palm Emulator on your WIndows/Mac/Linux PC to get an idea of how the Pre looks and feels. It uses Sun VirtualBox which is free and Palm installs a pre-configured vm which mimics the Pre.

-FB

This topic is closed for new posts.