back to article Tattooed Swedish devil girls sexually molest cyclist

Swedish cops are on the look-out for a quintet of tattooed girls who dragged a 50-year-old man off his bicycle, pulled down his trousers and smalls and "sexually molested" the poor bloke. The incident happened on 8 July in Örebro, central Sweden, the Aftonbladet newspaper reports. One of the gang - described as 5' 7" tall and …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    IT Angle

Do they have IT jobs in Sweden?

Fixed the IT angle for you.

2. Anonymous Coward
    Go

Oh God.....

......please let this happen to me!!!!!!! Right now or when I'm fifty. I'm not fussy and I'll not call the old bill.

In fact I wonder how many times this has happened and NOT been reported.

There has to be some blokes with smiles on their faces who know more.......

3. Scott 19
    IT Angle

WARNING

The Warning will not stop the Trolls.

Right i'm off to by myself a bike for a tour round europe if your not molested in Sweden you can get money off in Germany.

4. Citizen Kaned
    Happy

hmmm

can i be the first to say that i for one will be willing to act as a guinnea pig for the swedish police. maybe its an incentive scheme to get people riding bikes? i might bike to work if i know that i will be molested by 4 women on the way in... :)

5. Anonymous Coward
    Heart

Lovely girls...

"Perhaps there are others who’ve had the same thing happen to them."

Or perhaps those who spend their days dreaming of this happening to them... *sigh*

:)

6. Lee 11

Oh the perks to be had in Sweden

I can see this town becoming a big hit with male tourists - Amsterdam, beware.

Cynicism: is this just a cunning ploy by their tourism board?

7. Chris Seiter
    Welcome

Volunteer!

I welcome our sexually enraged female overlords. "Ooh, ooh! Slave volunteer over here, ladies!"

8. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

Did they have cold hands?

The local plod also made the comment that they were not aware of the chap being filmed. I wonder why they felt a need to say that?

9. Chris Harden
    Pint

Only one thing I can say to that....

http://www.skyscanner.net/flights/lond/se/cheapest-flights-to-sweden-from-london.html

and

http://www.evanscycles.com/

10. Zid

Warning, no IT angle

Get rid of that! Stop publishing the comments of people complaining about the IT angle either, I'd rather see a non IT article rather than no article at all, some of them I don't have any interest in reading.. so I don't, and I don't comment that I didn't want to read it either.

Wouldn't want to be on the end of the stink-eye from the male townsfolk for fingering the suspects for that incident!

11. Dr Jeep
    Coat

Erm?

This is poor reporting; where's the mention of the location?

I have a free weekend coming up and a little trip with my bicycle in that part of the town could turn out right grand!

Mines the one with the chrome plated bicycle clips in the pocket.

12. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

me 2

happened on Monday, Tuesday and twice on Wednesday

13. foo_bar_baz
    Coat

@citizen

Quintet = 5

Quartet = 4

14. Dogbyte
    Joke

Attack of the...

Phantom Fondlers?

15. Blue eyed boy
    Go

@Bumblaze

I'm already over fifty. What's "yes please" in Swedish?

16. Dork Lard
    Happy

Why did he go to the police?

Because he couldn't find his way back to the place where he was "attacked" and needed directions, maybe?

17. Bad Beaver
    IT Angle

The real question

is of course: were they hot?

Have to go now, there are some inner tubes to inflate.

18. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

@Scott 19

LMAO...you beat to it you b*stard :0)

19. Sarah Bee (Written by Reg staff)

Re: Warning, no IT angle

>fingering the suspects

Look, we all know, OK? Anyone who simply cannot resist is getting booted off the internet forever. Alternatively I may decide to make an example of you by letting through your sniggerings of screaming obviousness and exhorting all others to pie you. And not in the good way.

20. Jack Evans
    Thumb Up

Crime Watch

I wonder if they will do a Police re-enactment? Keep 'em Peeled!

21. Niall 1
    Big Brother

Open Your Eyes

This is Green propaganda! A disgracful attempt to get more men out of their cars and on their bikes.

22. Spockter Doc
    Happy

What I'm wondering....

...is whether they'll recreate this on Crimewatch?

23. Anonymous Coward
    WTF?

Translation required

"grabbed his bike's rack"

So what's that Swedish slang for?

24. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

How about

a playmobile re-enactment

yeah yeah getting it now

25. Tim 84
    Thumb Up

Could I become....

an undercover dick?

26. TeeCee Gold badge
    Coat

Incentive.

This may just be the incentive I needed to go and oil the jolly old velocipede this weekend and take it out. I'm not in Sweden, but there's always the danger of copycat attacks to take into consideration.

The tweed one with the leather elbow patches and the grey wig and bicycle clips in the pockets please.

PS: Apart from the bicycle, were any of the other participants equipped with a nice rack?

27. Neil 23
    Joke

If it had been filmed on phone cameras

Would it make this a happy-fwapping?

28. davenewman
    Welcome

Where's the playmobil reconstruction?

Get off your bike.

29. Anonymous Coward
    Pint

Re : Sarah Bee

Sarah are you trying to raise the tone of the comments?

How long have you been with El Reg?

<sigh>

30. May Contain Nuts
    Paris Hilton

Strange...

In this country, it's usually the victims who are trying to beat off the attackers...

31. disgruntled yank

Surely an IT angle

How often has Google Maps rendered the location of Orebro today?

32. Steve Swann
    IT Angle

@Ms. Bee

Would it help if I were riding a bicycle at the time?

33. Steve 64
    Coat

This heinous breach of order

cries out for Playmobil. With a 6' photographer and coppers and the Tour de France, as long as I'm wishing.

34. Vulch
    Megaphone

@ Blue Eyed Boy

"Ja tak" if I remember the getting distant past correctly. Pronunciation more or less "Ya tack".

And don't forget "Tak var" afterwards.

35. Dave S 1
    Coat

Erm, is it me?

If we flip the genders does this turn into a serious assault with a lifetime on the Sex Offenders Register?

On the other hand; pass my coat and where did I put my passport?

36. Anonymous Coward
    Go

@Dork Lard: Why did he go to the police?

It was the closest place.

He then bragged in 3 stores, 2 homes, and a church. Word is, he's still telling folk, one building at a time.

Riding his bike the whole way.

37. Ralph Jolly
    WTF?

Why is this not a serious assault?

If a lady was assaulted in a similar manner there would be a major investigation and it would be treated very seriously but as it's a man being assaulted by multiple women that seems less serious?

That said, I don't think I'd report it either, and probably make sure I use the same route on my bike every day....

38. Neil 6

Poor chap

I think the correct terminology is "gang rape", perhaps that only applys when men do it.

39. Thommy M.
    Paris Hilton

@The real question

We only have hot blondes in Sweden, didn't you know that? They are all over us...

40. Bumhug
    Paris Hilton

RE: Why did he go to the police?

Or maybe they didnt finish what they started?

41. scottboy
    Coat

@zid

Fingering the suspects? I think that's what they're accused of doing to the victim.

42. Timo

Swedish lessons please ASAP

No! Don't! Stop!

No Don't! Stop!

NO DON'T STOP!

I have commuted by bike to/from work twice this week and I would do it much more often if I was at risk of this. I might even take the long way home.

(Sort of reminds me of a joke I think I saw on El Reg earlier this week: Two nuns on a bicycle: "I don't come this way much.")

43. Anonymous Coward
    Megaphone

I want to...

...ride my bi-SEE-kal, I want to ride my biiiike....

44. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

It's a fair cop, guv.

Its been reported that the Swedish dicks are hard-on the heels of the perps. Anyone confirm?

45. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

re. Crime Watch

"I wonder if they will do a Police re-enactment?"

I think I may have seen something similar already [web address withheld]...

Did any of them look like Paris?

46. Stephane Mabille

Israeli chewing gum

Sounds like someone in Gaza strip is already exporting the latest Isrealian weapon to Sweden...

47. Sarah Bee (Written by Reg staff)

Re: @zid

EVERYBODY PIE SCOTTBOY.

48. EddieD
    Coat

Can I remember all Dara O'Briain's comments

Let's see - they're going to dress up a copper as a cyclist - the girls will be surprised when they see the policeman's helmet, and even more surprised by the police chopper circling around. Of course, calling the station for advice and back up will be met with the comment "Roger and out", and of course everyone will want to examine the entire body of evidence.

Alas, I've been a keen cyclist for over a decade, with many thousands of molestation free miles under my belt

Mines the one with "Banned" on the back...

49. Cap'n wotsit
    Coffee/keyboard

re Sarah Bee

can't throw pie.

eating it

mmmm piiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

50. Troy Wilson

Tattooed bush

I bet it was Amy Winehouse and crew.

51. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Down

As usual...

...people would be rightfully appalled if this was a female cyclist, that was pulled off her bike and sexually assaulted by four men, but since it was a bloke it's all just a joke and words like "attacked" are put into quotation marks to imply sarcasm. Wonderful.

52. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

List of suspects:

1) Swedish tourist board.

53. Anonymous Coward
    Thumb Up

Re: Can I remember all Dara O'Briain's comments

>I've been a keen cyclist for over a decade, with many thousands of molestation free miles under my belt.

God, you must be ugly.

54. Kevin Campbell
    Pint

Re: Why did he go to the police

simple, really - so that when he's bragging about it over a pint and one of his mates calls BS, he can produce a police report as evidence of his delightful afternoon, er, I mean vicious attack.

55. Anonymous Coward
    Happy

sexual molestation...

Although I suppose I wouldn't mind if a number of young very attractive girls came up to me and made it clear that they would very much get to know me better, especially if it was one of those hypothetical situations where no one ends up pregnant, or with a funny-sounding disease, or in the bushes uncounceous less wallet,I don't think I or anyone else on this site would like very much to be pushed off their bike, pinned to the ground and groped by a number of females, especially if they are kind of scary and you don't find them all that attractive.

'Rape' fantasies are common with both men and women, but these are _fantasies_, more based around having sex with a handsome/beautiful stranger who 'makes' you do something you wanted to anyway, like the girl that you fancied from the office taking your trousers down and matter into her own hands at the christmas party. If the somehwat older and not so very attractive canteen lady (who you find scary) drags you into an empty office after you passed out from drinking too much, and removes your underwear and closes the door... you probably would mind. Possibly mutilated genitalia and pictures of your wedding tackle doing the office rounds by email withstanding.

Seeing as the poor chap reported this to the police the incident probably fell into the later category.

If you really wish to be molested sexually, then I believe that there are quite a few heavy female-only gangs in most of the major uk cities (well, I know of some in Glasgow and London anyway), who would probably grant you your wish without you shelling out for a ticket to Sweden. If you enjoy big women with lots of experience (and the scars to prove it) all clad in lovely polyester then you might just be in for a treat ;o)

You can even give the old 'reg an exclusive afterwards :o)

56. Chris Seiter

@Chris W RE:RE

No, ugly is being a Roman Catholic altar boy and a Boy Scout and not getting molested. So many memories I could have supressed, so little time.

57. Graham Gold
    Coat

Poor bloke

Didn't know if he was coming or going...

58. Peter Rasmussen
    Alert

Not necessarily what you think

The original artice is here (in Swedish):

http://www.aftonbladet.se/nyheter/article5519230.ab

I can see that a lot of people here are wishing they were in Sweden being 'harrassed' by young swedish beautiful girls.

Let me tell you this, in Sweden and in Scandinavian countries in general, women are free in their thoughts, but that includes themselves, so they are actually much more demanding on the man than in other countries.

Without knowing in detail, as the original article doesn't say, I don't think the girls were 'nice' to the guy in _any_way_, but they were really _harrassing_ him!

I don't want you do be discouraged to meet and interact with Scandinavian girls, though I am myself ;-) but don't you ever think it is a walk in the park! You won't find any women that are more self aware and independent than a girl from Denmark, Norway and Sweden!

You have been warned!!!

59. Anonymous Coward
    Paris Hilton

Not only in Sweeden

For those of you who don't like to exercise, go here and get your's super-sized!

http://www.39online.com/news/local/kiah-mcdonalds-sex-assault-story,0,5274439.story

60. Eugene Goodrich
    Paris Hilton

Followup needed

Reg, please be a dear and post a followup with the location when known. Perhaps a link to Google Maps so we can do a "Directions to this location"...

And I have to say I'm in the same situation as some of the other posters - having a bit of difficulty understanding the situational details of how this could happen. Certainly a Playmobil re-enactment would clear things up. Oh, hey, and it's Friday tomorrow, how about that?...

Paris, because we don't need a followup on her location; she's always at the center of the Universe.

61. Nexox Enigma

So wait...

You're telling me that this doesn't happen to everyone else on their bike rides? After the 5th or 6th time I just sort of accepted it as the norm...

If this was the US or UK, they'd find the girls, one or more would be under 18, and the cyclist would go on the kiddyfiddler list for life.

62. Mike Powers
    Heart

Dear Penthouse...

I never thought that the things in your letters column really happened, but one day...

63. AchimR
    Unhappy

@ Thommy M.

Some of them should be exported to London then....

Only know a red haired Swedish in Camden, and she's the exact opposite of hot :|

64. Stephen Channell
    IT Angle

There IS an IT angle!

After the first few waves of failed offshore projects, there is more acceptance that the best/economical global location for development and support is often closer to home than India. I know of at least one project that was pulled from India and moved to Sweden to save on overall cost (Quality, telecoms, power, travel, time), and even Indian outsource companies are setting up shop in places like Ireland.

In an ever more complex global model, Executives need to consider the cultural consideration to success. Even before this story, IT folk would be happier to travel to Sweden to make sure a global project succeeds.

So start “banging” the drum for IT in Sweden.. and lets see some t-shirts with “my project went to Sweden and all I got…”

65. LaeMi Qian
    Stop

As much as we are all sniggering...

.. I imagine any guy this happened to would be just as terrified as a girl in the same situation. It wasn't after they had gone that he knew they weren't going to end with a murder or at least take a souvenir (and I'm not talking about an ear here), it has happened that way before! I recall a local case here where a group of women sexually assaulted a guy by nail-gunning his knob to his belly* - more than one nail too. OUCH!

*Yes, I know some guys do this sort of thing for kicks (I do have an internet connection after-all), but this guy was definitely not consenting.

66. LaeMi Qian
    Unhappy

oh and...

Also, this guy is now going to have to get a whole battery of tests for STDs and prey that if he has been given any, they are at least treatable.

67. SomeSpoonyBard
    FAIL

Re: Why did he go to the police, Re: As usual... #

1) If the roles were reversed people would be up in arms. C'mon people...

2) The other problem is you're all assuming the girls were attractive. =\

68. lardheppus
    IT Angle

IT angle

Maybe the victim had a cycle computer.

69. Anonymous Coward
    Coat

Sexually related crimes are vastly under reported

There's no telling how many years, even decades this has been going on. I know that I wouldn't tolerate it. Not for more than a decade or two.

Mine's the one with the Swedish phrasebook in the pocket.

70. Dex
    Heart

Me.....

like pie ^_^

71. An ominous cow herd
    Joke

In other news...

...cyclists have been flocking into Örebro...

72. James 55
    Pint

Youtube

Warn the youtube police.

73. David Neil
    Thumb Down

You are all making a big assumption

It could have been some 20 stone terrors with coloured in bingo wings and badly drawn arseantlers....Nowhere does it say they were standby suicide girls

74. Steen Hive
    Joke

Yuk

Örebro is only second to Bollnäs in the "most-mind-numbingly-ugly-and-dull" provincial town stakes in Sweden because it's the hometown of luscious, pouting Nina Persson. See the lengths they'll go to there to break the monotony?

75. RW
    Coat

Moderatrices in training, perhaps?

Does our Divine Moderatrix have forearm tattoos?

76. Dr Patrick J R Harkin

Hmmm.....

Has there recently been an advertising campaign to attract more tourists to Sweden? or sell more bikes there?

77. Andrew Newstead

One reason to go to the police...

He was physically hurt or injured in some way. In that situation I think I'd want payback too.

78. GrahamT
    Coat

The girls were mentally ill..

They were cyclepaths.

79. Andus McCoatover

@ Peter Rasmussen, and others...

<<I don't want you do be discouraged to meet and interact with Scandinavian girls, though I am myself ;-) >>

Thought to self: Surely Peter is a man's name...

@ GrahamT. Maybe they're cyclepaths because their trickcyclist diagnosed them as such.

Same in Finland. The ladies take the initiative as much as the men. Glad there's few cctv cameras here - from what I've seen this summer walking through the park.....Ooh, missus!

80. Mister_C
    Unhappy

@ Chris Harden

that's two things

81. Steve Roper
    Flame

He was right to go to the police...

...and the police were right to treat this as a serious assault and investigate accordingly.

I was sexually assualted in a similar manner when I was 14 years old by two girls right out in the schoolyard. What scarred me from that experience was not merely the sexual assault itself, but the fact that I WAS PUNISHED with a week's detention for swearing at the girls while trying to get them off me - that and the fact that the two girls got away scot-free. And two weeks after this, the Year 9 sex-education class called in a feminist "professor"; we were assembled in the school gym, boys on the left, girls on the right. This feminist made the girls out to be innocent little victims and told them that if a boy said this to them or did that to them, they could go and talk to this women's counsellor or that women's-only support group, while she told the boys that we were not allowed to say this or do that to the girls, and gleefully described the punishments that would be inflicted on us if we did. Coming right after the assault, that pretty well did it for me.

(Sarah Bee, if you want to know why my comments on these subjects are always so virulently opposed to feminism, now you know.)

So you see I'm in a position to understand what this guy felt and why he went to the police. But the worst perpetrators of the double standard under discussion here aren't the feminists, its all the obviously sex-deprived and desperate commentards in here wanting it to happen to them. This perpetuates the myth that men are only interested in sex and will take it any way they can, and it undermines the position of those of us who actually have brains that do more than react to our gonads. If you guys are really that desperate, go and pay a hooker, but don't sell our (or your) rights and dignity down the river just so you can get laid!

82. Jason 50
    Paris Hilton

Why oh Why....

Couldn't it have been me :(

Paris cause she can molest me to!

83. Anonymous Coward
    Heart

But there is an IT angle..

Because they did IT with him..

anon for obvious reasons.. although I feel one extremely bad joke a day is an entitlement.

84. Wkd
    WTF?

@Steve Roper

I work with someone like you, He is a 40 year old virgin as well

85. tkioz
    Thumb Down

People who

People who make jokes about this sort of stuff seriously under estimate the impact any form of sexual assault has on people, of either gender, rape is rape people, its far more about power then any sexual act.

86. Peter Snow

Reconstruction

If the Police want any help with the reconstruction, just count me in. I'm willing to travel!

Must say, this sounds a bit like some guys fantasy!

87. skeptical i

Unless this was a consenting fantasy enactment ...

... I can't imagine that "Fucking? Why certainly" would be anyone's first thought whilst collecting road rash (or worse, as pavement is fairly unforgiving), getting stripped and groped, and wondering if her/his time and dignity is all the perps will take. Almost like a day at airport security, except the bike and pavement parts.

88. Anonymous Coward
    Badgers

oy

As much as I keep trying, I can never get this sort of thing happen to me.

I even use the latest mens toiletries that are supposed to make women swarm to you like flies.

Or maybe it just draws flies... *sigh* Time for a new Manly Man Man Scent, I s'pose.

89. Trixr
    Headmaster

@ those people righteously complaining about it being sexual assault

...and wondering why it's a sniggering article here, perhaps you could ask the male journalist and the first dozen or so presumably male commenters why they didn't perceive it that way.

Because if you're trying to suggest because everyone would be up in arms if it was a woman being assaulted, that's right. We (should) know it's disgusting when women get assaulted - raising awareness of the effects of sexual assault is one of feminism's achievements. But don't blame feminism for the idiocy of certain men (and some women, maybe) who think that sexual assault is a joking matter, no matter what the gender of the person concerned.

90. I didn't do IT.
    Flame

@ Steve Roper

I agree with you, brother, except on one part...

"If you guys are really that desperate, go and pay a hooker, but don't sell our (or your) rights and dignity down the river just so you can get laid!"

Men sell out all the time; isn't that what marriage is all about ??!

Bonus points: Is the "about" pertaining to hooking, or selling rights, dignity, et. al. down the river to get laid??!

91. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

booking a flight to Sweden now

with any luck I will run into them and get assaulted too :D

In other countries you can wait your whole life away for something as cool as that!

92. Mayfly 1
    Paris Hilton

"sexually molested"

Has no one considered the possibility that the "sexual molestation" might have taken the form of, say, awkwardly-shaped objects being inserted into his rectum?

Still queuing up? I'm sure some of you are...

93. Rebecca 1
    Stop

@ wkd

Someone who was forced into something whilst outnumbered deserves insulting? I sincerely hope that you never learn why everyone, not just women, deserve protection from assault.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like